“Average stay, nothing special”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Williamsport
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Needed a "cheaper" option for a weekend wedding. Got into my room easy enough with no problems. The room had two double beds, coffee machine, microwave, fridge. Great shower, except someone forgot to throw away the soap and empty shampoo bottles from the previous guest. There were weird bugs flying around the room so that was weird. The problem I had was that every morning I left my room and whenever I came back my key card wouldn't work. Happened every day I was there, I stayed 3 nights. I kept having to get my card reset. When I asked the man at the desk is this some kind of policy where they turn off your key every day, he looked at me like I was stupid. I was just wondering why this happened every day. This is a place where truckers stay, so the first night there was a fight in the parking lot at 2:30 in the morning and they were breaking glass. Had to call the lobby who said they would take care of it, yelling went on for a while longer after that. Breakfast was waffles, yogurt, cereal, no fresh fruit; didn't get it the last day. I guess you get what you pay for is the lesson here. Pillows were comfortable. Not enough plugs in the room that worked.

Room Tip: Bring a power strip if you want to charge your things.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank coutterhill
Miranda A, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Coutterhill, Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your stay at the Econo Lodge Williamsport. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the problems you encountered. Please be assured that I have followed up on all the issues you had and we have taken steps to ensure these problems do not occur in the future. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Williamsport. In a few weeks we will begin renovations on some of our guestrooms including new mattresses, new bedding, new carpet and HDTV's. We also have a new guest patio are for our guests to gather and relax outside while grilling or enjoying the firepit. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed here just one night. Room was decently clean and had 2 double beds and a microwave/fridge. TV was old but did have HBO. The staff were cordial, but not too friendly. The breakfast was pretty decent----make your own waffles, yogurt, bagels/toast, oatmeal, bananas, and cereals. The hotel wasn't full, and it was a quiet stay. Basic budget accomodations, a bit overpriced for the location. Then again, due to the fracking industry, prices in Williamsport have gone up in the past few years, because they know they can demand it...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank charli l
Miranda A, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Charli I, Thank you for sharing feedback with us regarding your stay at the Econo Lodge Williamsport. I am pleased that you found our hotel to be clean and that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet. I apologize that you felt our hotel is overpriced for our area. You are correct that hotel room prices have increased in the last few years in Williamsport. Our goal is to provide clean, comfortable accomodations at a great value to our guests. We have priced our guestrooms as one of the most reasonably priced hotels in the budget segment. We appreciate your comments about the Econo Lodge Williamsport and we hope to see you and your family again soon. Miranda Anderson, General Manager.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I try to find something positive for every review I write while being honest about the accomodations. For this establishment I can honestly say the lights, locks and TV worked in the room. The rug was worn, the sheets threadbare. It is obviously an older motel and it's primary value now is for travelers passing through town in need of minimal accomodations for one night - or for the workers as part of the local fracking industry.

The continental breakfast is passable, the fitness room houses a treadmill, eleptical machine and stair master in a room about the size of a laundry room. There is a gas station/convenience store next to the motel, and a great number of restaurants within a 5 minute drive of the place. So if you are traveling on business or need a place to stay over for one night while driving through Williamsport, and you're in a pinch the Econo Lodge might do - just lower your expectations for the stay. (NOT recommended for families or stays of more than 1 night.)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Very nice room, decent breakfast and a friendly, helpful staff make for an enjoyable weekend reunion for my wife and I. Truck parking and adjacent convience store also aided a pleasant stay. I'm sure wewill return in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We went here because my grandfather designed it over 60 yrs ago. Got to our room and wow......the sheets, comforters smelled of urine. The rooms outdated. Started itching waiting 10 mins. Went to desk to check out immediately.

Room Tip: Don't stay.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for LLWS. Place wasn't bad. They just charged way too much. Guess they can with the games in town. I would pay about 60 a night. It was a good location for the fields and places to eat. They had a continental breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We were forced to stay at this econolodge as the town was booked solid. staff was pleasant enough and the room was very dated. My wife did not want to stay because it was below standards by a long shot. I pulled back my sheets to go to sleep and found popcorn and hair between the sheets !!!! went to front desk and they said the room was suppose to be an extended stay but they left early (no kidding). maintenance guy brings new sheets I open the door and he is smoking a pipe holding our sheets! Well my wie loses it!! she doesn't sleep all night and we checked out tired and restless. hotel gave half off the rate but I just want them to clean up there act!!! oh don't sit in the chairs as they are the dirtest things I ever have seen !!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple