“Local Pub very good”

Moon & Raven Public House
Ranked #2 of 178 Restaurants in Williamsport
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed June 30, 2014

In town for conference and went across street from Genetti Hotel to dine with a group. We all had sandwiches or a chicken pie and everyone in the group was very pleased with their selections. Excellent burger on a ciabatta roll and spicy mustard on side.
Nice vintage decor. Service was very attentive and courteous- kept checking back and refilling our drinks. Definitely worth another visit.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Williamsport for a night to break up a long drive. Wandered downtown and ended up here. Glad we did! Bavarian Barbarian sandwich was killer as was the chili. Bartenders were attentive and offered up beers as soon as they emptied. Three or four beers listed weren't available, but that didn't impact my experience.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

This restaurant did not forget Williamsport roots.. Decor is vintage Victorian yet rustic. Food was good, nothing outstanding. Wouldn't call this fine dining but definitely good pub fare. Service needs to improve. And I imagine it will given time. I was there for lunch and would go back again.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

The food here is absolutely wonderful! I went with my family for my sister's birthday and everyone - I mean EVERYONE - LOVED their individual dishes. The burgers are great, the chili is phenomenal and the service...sucks. It's possibly the worst service I've had at a local place in Williamsport, honestly. The server was rude and forgot a lot of things and just overall didn't seem to care....like, at all. Other than that, highly recommend!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

This corner bar and restaurant has a unique style that will immediately impress the patron who walks into this establishment for the first time. There is a nice open bar area, and lots of attention to detail in the design and style of the place. But the food was even more impressive. I started off with the Buffalo Chili, which was very tasty (more tomato-eey than my wife likes) but it was perfect for me - slightly sweet but also slightly spicy. It was very hearty (I got the smaller 8 oz. portion). The Pub Pretzel is a must order for every visit. The right-out-of-the-oven doughy, hot pretzel practically melts in your mouth (cool it off with the side of spicy mustard that comes with it). I was practically satisfied even before my main dish arrived. I ordered the Buffalo Tom - not typical for me because it is a vegetarian sandwich. It includes mozzarella, marinated tomatoes, and beat sprouts on multi-grain bread. It was perfect - the tomatoes were very tasty and juicy and the side sauce gave a bit of pzazz to the sandwich. My wife ordered the Moon & Raven burger. If you like lamb, you'll love this burger. We also ordered a small Irish cider. We stopped by just after lunch, but I would certainly go back to sample their dinner platters.