“Good Brew Pub”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Good Brew Pub”
Reviewed April 29, 2010

If you've been to the typical brew pub, you’ve been to them all and this place is no exception. If you go expecting typical brew pub fare, you’ll be happy here.

We were there as part of a large group and had a room reserved in the back of the pub. We were seated promptly and the server did a good job keeping up with close to 30 people and their orders.

If you like trying different beers, I suggest trying their beer sampler first. You get little glasses with each of their brews to try. That way you can find the one you like best and order a full pint of it. I ended up enjoying all of the beers and just drank the sampler during my dinner. The food was good and I didn’t hear anyone in our group say that they didn’t like their food. That’s unusual for a large group. The only down side was the food didn’t all come out at one time but then again, I don’t think any kitchen can put out close to 30 meals all at once.

Overall, the service was good, the food was good but nothing stood out and the atmosphere was ok. If I were to go back to the area, I might try other places but I would have no problem going back there again.

Kitchener
“Go for the beer!”
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Four of us were in Williamsport on business. We often seek out brew pubs and the beer on tap here was outstanding. The sampler is a great way to start and most of the selections were fantastic. And cheap!

Food, service, decor, not so much. Our table had a generous view of the kitchen. Through the swinging doors, I watched the waitresses helping themselves to a waiting plate of fries, which turned out to be the meal one of my friends had ordered. We ordered "safe food" - fries, burgers, sandwiches. None of it tasted very good and the deepfrier oil was obviously well used :( Our waitress dropped the cheques before we were even half through our drinks and came to collect payment shortly after, really making us feel pushed out the door (it was not a busy night - lot's of empty tables). Bad form, even in a casual eatery.

I would recommend this to someone looking for good unique beer, but won't return for a meal.

SYRACUSE,NY
“NOT VERY WELCOMING!”
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Having read mixed reviews before visiting Williamsport we decided to give it a try. Not much open in town on Sunday. Our waitress was not very friendly and we did not feel welcome at all. Our food arrived and my baked potato was room temp and so was my coleslaw therefore i did not eat half my dinner. I like my food to be the right temperature. Felt we spent too much money for the quality of the food.

“Fabulous beer sampler and burgers are nicely done.”
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Fabulous beer sampler and burgers are nicely done.

sdrst17
“Good service, food and beer”
Reviewed March 16, 2009

Our one night in town for business brought my wife and I to the Bullfrog Brewery, which was a nice break from the chain franchises. The menu had variety and the beer selection was great. I had the beer sampler and the jerck chicken entree that came with soup/salad and chouce of potato.. My wife had the pulled pork sandwich that came with chouce of potato and home made root beer. The bill was about $17 perperson, which included a second round and desert to go. The service was very good, everything was clean/well maintained, and atmosphere was relaxed. Afterward, try a stroll down the block to check out Otto's Book store...which is a great independent place with good prices and selection.

Been to Bullfrog Brewery? Share your experiences!