“Still a Great Place”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
“Still a Great Place”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I've heard a lot of people complain that the 'frog isn't what it used to be, that its too this or that. Mostly people that I would call "hipsters" hate it probably because its too good. I have never had a meal at the Bullfrog I haven't liked. Their beer selection is great, the old brew master was a bit too much into exotic concoctions for beers in the end, but the new brew master has some amazing options.

The food is always great as well. A favorite has to be the Fajizas. It's like a pizza done on the grill with all kinds of different options. The pretzel roll (pretzels by D&L Pretzels in Mifflinburg--also a great place) with their amazing ale-cheese sauce is a great appetizer. Their fresh made potato chips and various types of french fries are good as well. Last visit I had the fish and chips and was amazed at the portion size. I got an entire haddock fried up and brought out with a healthy dose of chips to go with it. The onion rings here are huge and delicious. Their wings are great and meaty too. So many good food options, and the prices are reasonable for a restaurant of its genre.

• Visited August 2012

Orlean, Virginia
“Not Exactly "Cheers"”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were in Williamsport for a family wedding and six of us went to Bullfrog after the reception ended at 8 pm. We entered the busy venue and asked for a table. We were told none was available and we asked if we could stand and order at the bar until a table was ready. We were told curtly that we could stand at the bar if we kept out of the way. The host then said he didn't think be able to get us a table for at least an hour, if at all. After some pretty cursory bar service, we left after having one round. The beer was good, but Bullfrog needs to find some staff with better customer service skills if they want to encourage people to stay longer when the venue is busy. Otherwise, I suspect people will find other places to spend their money.

2 Thank orleanjim
Skillman, New Jersey
“Wonderful atmosphere, great array of eats”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Brewery had some really good beer - try the sampler for sure. Food was equally good - wide variety of choices. Great appetizers - bruschetta, nachos and many vegetarian choices for dinner as well.

Pa.
“Good grub and brew”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Had dinner here, I would suggest reservations. We only got burgers and salads they very good. The Aggro Wheat beer was very good.

Warminster
“2/5 rating because the beer was very good. The rest was terrible”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stopped in on our way home from a long weekend camping in the wilderness. We expected a good burger and some great beer. The beer was terrific. Unfortunately, that was the end of our positive experience. We ordered a very simple meal of two burgers cooked medium. Since we were sitting across from the kitchen I could see them sitting under the heat lamp for 15 minutes. The waitress was running around catering to a large party in the back. I don't 100% fault her for the poor service. Other wait staff could have pitched in to run the food. The manager should have pitched in. They didn't help at all that we could see. When the burgers came to us they were charred beyond well done. We send back food .1% of the time when we are at restaurants. However, these were black and hard. I asked another server in the area to see the manager. She left the plates with the fries so we had something to snack on. Burgers came back out MUCH quicker. Problem was that they ran out of a main ingredient in my wife's burger. The plates also came out without any additional fries or anything. Neither the manager or waitress ever returned to make sure we were happy. When the bill arrived they had already removed the meals and just charged us for the beer. I am sure this is not the norm but it was so disappointing I would only return for the beer.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank kmq102

Been to Bullfrog Brewery? Share your experiences!