“Best in surrounding area!!!”
Review of DiSalvo's

DiSalvo's
Ranked #10 of 178 Restaurants in Williamsport
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: DiSalvo's restaurant is family owned and operated for over 25 years. It has been awarded multiple Winespectator and Wineenthusiast awards as well as local and regional recognition. The restaurant also offers full service event catering and services both on and off premise. It is complimented by the opening of DiSalvo's Wine & Spirits lounge offering late night atmosphere and entertainment.
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I travel through Williamsport on a weekly basis. I eat here every week. I dont know about the last guy but my food is always piping hot and amazing. Everyone is professional and I couldnt be more pleased, my collegues love it too, in fact they turned me on to it! I would reccomend this to my 400 plus employees and Id reccommend it to anyone else as well!!

4  Thank michael H
There are newer reviews for DiSalvo's

Reviewed August 10, 2014

I go out to dinner once a month with seven friends (four couples). I chose the restaurant. I am a private chef so of course I notice everything. my husband and I had just finished catering a picnic, so we weren't very hungry. I did not order appetizer. I ordered grouper fish with smashed plantains and an asian flavored jicama side dish. it was absolutely delicious!! very light and perfectly cooked fish- portion size could be a little bigger on entrees. I had crème brulee for dessert-also wonderful-a personal favorite. I shared a bottle of Italian wine with a friend,(Mesa 2010) and let the bartender choose since we liked different wines-we both liked the wine-good choice. we had a table of 8. I requested a round table, which we did not get. it is difficult to have good conversation when seated at a rectangular table. everyone seemed happy with their food. Several in my party complained abt food being slow to come out. I was fine, since I wanted to unwind and enjoy the wine after a hectic day. I also prefer to slow down when eating dinner out. Waitress did keep us informed abt delays. %18 gratuity included in bill for large party and it was clearly indicated on our bill. I highly recommend this restaurant.

3  Thank teresanln
Reviewed August 4, 2014

A VERY disappointing experience. I was told to check this place out and I walked over from my hotel. Walked in at 7 and the place was EMPTY. NO one watching the hostess stand and I stood there for 10 minutes waiting for someone to seat me - even say "hello"..anything. Crickets. There was a man talking to a couple the whole time I was OBVIOUSLY looking for a greeting - and dare I say a table! I walked out ( the first time) and as I was standing outside the same guy came out ( opening the door for the couple tat had his attention) and I asked "if he worked there - and could I get a table?"

He got defensive with me and said " I was talking to the other people and I didn't want to be rude". Ok..so, you cant say " hello sir, I will be with you in a moment.."? He saw me and ignored me. So he takes me outside ( with attitude) and seats me at a table in a lovely garden. Gnats everywhere (go and buy some citronella ). Finally a waiter comes over and he is obviously having a bad night. In a hurry and acting all put out...rattles off a few wine selections and brings me my choice. A warm and substandard Tempranillo. I sip and look at the menu. Gnats are really bad now. I wait for the waiter to come back and take my order.....not happening. The tables next to me get decent service and me....nothing. I look at the menu again...and again....and nothing. When my waiter does return I ask for the check for the wine, pay it and leave. No one says a word or cares. I walk out. Again. Poor and disrespectful service and lack of attention killed it for me. I read other similar reviews and the response from the manager has been defensive and unaccountable. This place would never survive outside of this town. Needs to have an infusion of manners and gratitude.

6  Thank TravelerB787
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Went on a Sat night to sit in the courtyard. Waited over one hour for our appetizers-and all we ordered was garlic bread with cheese and a pizza. No apologies either. Grilled romaine had a taste of being grilled in the pizza oven. Entrees were tasty but it was so dark outside by the time we were finally served our meal that we couldn't see to eat. Whole evening was 3 hours when there was no reason to wait that long for dinner.

3  Thank Benny521
Reviewed June 21, 2014

After a business trip, decided to try DiSalvo's again, so asked for a table outside where live music was being played. I was greeted by the owner, who promptly presented a table and suggested a few dishes.

I followed her advice and ordered lamb to start off and then their home made pasta with seafood and tomato sauce...what a difference compared to last time!

Food was very good, and the owner delived personally the dishes. This time, a fantastic experience!

2  Thank GerardoFoodie