“I wish it were better...”

Acme Barbecue Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 177 Restaurants in Williamsport
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed September 8, 2013

They are, simply, inconsistent. Some foods are good, some are not. Some foods are seasoned well, others are not. We had brisket chili that was SO oversalted it is sure to induce a hypertensive crisis. We had ribs that were super chewy (think beef jerky texture) and bland. The corn bread tastes like it came from a box mix. another time I had the brisket it was delicious but the restaurant's take out is not customer friendly--staff are rude and abrupt, and no one tells you (nor is there signage) that the sauces are out on the side and you're supposed to help yourself. So i went home not knowing any of this and had no sauce. they had a take out only stand for a while and nothing was good from there and it was way overpriced. it isn't around anymore, and we aren't surprised.

I wish we had better things to say because i want to like this place but between the inconsistency and the lack of customer service, it just isn't worth the hassle. maybe they should offer some courses for their employees about how to be polite. and may be they can offer delivery...that might open up a new line of income.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

What a welcomed change this was from all the burgers and fries. The Pork BBQ sandwich was full of flavor. I was hesitant to try fried potato salad... and it must be bad for you... because it was so good! You must try it. A nice "BBQ" atmosphere with outdoor seating in the back of the restaurant under a garage like structure. Some folks might not like the idea of that... but it surely was a taste and feel of the country in little Williamsport, Pennsylvania. Try it out!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I usually love spicy, but the hot wings were unbearable. They tasted a little funny and I couldn't enjoy them, the meat was dry and the only sauce not spicy was white, but was too peppery. The mac and cheese had no taste and the potatoes in the salad were undercooked. What was delicious was the pulled pork, so yummy. Eat outside or take out.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I love this place. Whenever I have a long day at work and don't feel like cooking, I will often head here. The meat is absolutely delicious and the side dishes are creative. The fried potato salad is a must.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I've had the food from Acme quite a few times now. I really like the brisket and the pulled pork; great taste and good sauces to go with them. I've found the ribs to be a bit dry and chewy every time I tried them. I'm disappointed in the sides which seem to be somewhat inconsistent in quality. The worst offender has been the collard greens. We've gotten them to take home twice in the past; the first time they were a little salty, but ok. The second time they were so salty as to be completely inedible and we ended up throwing them out. Today, at lunch I decided to give them another try; once again, the collards were really salty and seemed greasy (although just slightly less salty than last time.) The underlying taste is good; just overseasoned. I think they could really have a good thing here if they can figure out how to season things properly and consistently.

1  Thank Lilycate

Been to Acme Barbecue Restaurant? Share your experiences!