“Nice restaraunt”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I ate there with my two teenage children. The food is a good but a little pricey for the quality. We had dinner there. The best part of the meal was the lamb chop appetizer. 3 lamp chops with a spinach and goat cheese crostini. It was very good. The fresh bread sticks were a nice touch. I had shellfish pasta Fra Diavolo. The clams and mussels were cooked perfectly. The scallops were a little sandy, as scallops often are. The lobster tail was overcooked. and disappointing. My son had a steak that was cooked to his request. He said it was good but not great. The service was attentive. A nice option for dinner but a little pricey.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

We had a simple dinner and breakfast, which were fresh and well prepared. The low-carb breakfast with chicken, eggs and avocado was a welcome menu item.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

2 page menu whilch yields some amazing food!! Staff was very friendly and helpful. They are always checking in on you to see if you need anythiing...more water, drinks, bread...etc.. Highly recommend this place!!!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I visited the bar here often when I stayed at the Holiday Inn and the staff were always friendly and provided great service. Trisha hands down made the best raspberry mojito I ever tried. I only had the food once and just ordered a snack of buffalo wings so I can't comment on the other stuff but I like my wings extra extra hot and the cook made them perfectly. Most places don't do them hot enough but I loved them here.

1  Thank perthchick20
Reviewed October 8, 2012

If you are looking for outdoor seating or just quiet drinks this place is great. We had a table of 5 and two of the meals were not cooked as ordered, we never got our dinner rolls, and my salad was comparable to a balsamic soup there was so much dressing on it. Our waiter was very nice and other than being too busy was great. When we tried to politely explain our unhappiness with our dinner they had a line of excuses ready like they have been through this. I won't be back for dinner.

Been to The James? Share your experiences!