“Great Restaurant, Friendly Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Barrel 135

Barrel 135
Ranked #14 of 173 Restaurants in Williamsport
Cuisines: American, Bar, International, Contemporary, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Barrel 135 offers seasonal patio seating!
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Great Restaurant, Friendly Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This restaurant/bar was located right around the corner from our hotel and had outside seating.
They allowed us to have our dog sit with us outside during our meal, which is the primary reason we picked to eat here. The menu has a good selection of sandwiches and entrees, depending on how "fancy' you want to get and how much you want to spend. Good beer and wine selection, too. We chose the dinner entrees and were not disappointed. I had the glazed salmon and my husband had a seafood stew that was absolutely delicious! Staff was attentive.
Most restaurants in Williamsport are either chains or family-owned establishment where casual is the norm, if you are looking for something a little more classy and relatively kid-free, I'd recommend you consider Barrel 135.
*Note: it turns into a bar after 10 PM, get there early to avoid the bar scene and noise that comes with it.

• Visited August 2013

Milton, pa
“Not as good as it used to be!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We've been to barrel 135 quite a few times and it was always was good. The staff was professional and the food was good. Recently we went in just for a few drinks and it wasn't as it used to be. The place was empty and I see why. At one point all of the staff rushed out of the front door and were arguing with someone outside. When they came back, one employee threw the kitchen door open slamming it against the wall, while shouting swear words! Very unprofessional. I've worked in the restaurant business for 11 years and have not witnessed anything similar. I'm not sure if there was a manager even there, but I know if this took place in the restaurant I work, people would've been fired. Then when I went into the bathroom, the sink looked like it had been ripped off the wall and it wasn't clean at all. It seems like Barrel 135 is just an afterthought and is slowly going downhill.

• Visited August 2013
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Very Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Just left the restaurant after a quick bite to eat, the food, the service, the ambience was great. Had sushi to start followed by a perfected cooked duck breast with cherry and port wine jus, yum yum! Thank you, not often I feel this good about restaurants in the US - Good job as the Americans say

Visited July 2013
South Florida, Florida
“Much Promise, But Wanting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were put off at first by a mildew-like smell. The meal progressed with decent service . My seafood carbonnara was good, but my wife's octopus was undercooked. We love octopus, but have been spoiled by recent Greek experiences. This is a kind of funky, tavern experience and might have een better with a big group and more beer to wash the night down.

Visited July 2013
Smyrna, Georgia
“Pleasant surprise in the Port”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Was back in Williampsort and met some friends at Barrel 135. We pretty much had the place to ourselves despite it being Saturday night. The martinis and appetizers were all very good and the portion size was appropriate. In particular the ladies of the group really liked the 'Fruity Pebbles' martini. I had the Pork Chop for dinner with the Mac & Cheese. The glaze on the Pork Chop was outstanding however the dish was a little overcooked and as such the meat lost some juicyness and flavor. The Mac & Cheese was excellent. All in all a good experience.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Barrel 135? Share your experiences!