“Excellent service and excellent food!”

Morrone's Cafe, Lounge and Banquet Room
Ranked #52 of 178 Restaurants in Williamsport
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2012

My first time ever to Morrone's, and I have to say, the food was absolutely delicious! Our server was very attentive and very good at her job.

The entrees are a little pricey, but I think it was very well worth it!

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Some time ago my family and I had tried their original South Williamsport place, and weren't overly impressed, but we thought we'd give the new location a try. Despite the neighborhood it's is an improvement (safe enough in daylight). The food is somewhat better, but still falls short.
From the different sauces seeming too similar in seasoning and being mundane, nothing was very impressive. We've noticed a rather sad trend lately where a lot of places put a great deal of effort into a nice atmosphere or gimmick. Here it was great atmosphere. If they'd spent half as much effort on the food, it would be successful. For the price, I'd say not worth it. Service decent but not stellar, and yes, as one other review mentioned, even the iced tea was sour. They claimed it was fresh-brewed. If you can't get the simple details right, you probably can't handle the bigger ones. Nothing inedible, just disappointing.

1  Thank Reviewer6SJ7
Reviewed February 24, 2012

3 times we have dined there and, on every occassion, the pasta was perfect al dente.
Food has been consistently excellent no matter what we ordered.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

We were glad to hear that Morrones had reopened their restaurant. We had liked their restaurant in South Side when it was open there. So we decided to check it out.

First of all, the location is not that great, right next to Campbell Street. But luckily they have parking right behind the restaurant up the little alley way. That was good.

I have to hand it to them, they did a good job with the interior of the restaurant and they have a cool little bar area as well. We like the atmosphere here.

For the main course, I love lasagne so I decided to give it a try. My wife had the scallops dish and she liked it.

The lasagne had too much pasta in it and not enough meat and cheese. It was good, but not as good as the Villa or the Triangle. The price was about the same at all these places.

So as far as the lasagne, we would recommend Morrone's but they are not quite as good as the Villa or the Triangle.

We like this place and will come back. We like the atmosphere.

2  Thank Little_guy_1