“Outstanding sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We ordered sushi but they do have hibachi service as well. Our sushi was great. We ordered an eel roll, rock-n-roll roll, and several others. It was plated beautifully with several orchids on a massive plate that had our entire order on it. Everything we ordered was yummy! Like a previous review says the outside isn't fancy but the inside is decorated nicely. The staff are courteous, friendly and attentive but not in an intrusive way. This restaurant is perfect for any occasion.

1  Thank Loving_PA
There are newer reviews for Ichiban Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed November 2, 2012

For Williamsport, PA, definitely good sushi. I ate here while on a business trip and decided to try it based on other positive Tripadvisor reviews. I was not disappointed. The restaurant is along third st, a tired looking stretch of beer stores, restaurants, and hotels. Outside, the place isn't much to brag about but its set up quite nicely inside. I was there at 445 on a Thursday and it was empty, which can be expected that early. Service was courteous and the sushi was very good. 2 special rolls and 2 pieces of salmon sushi plus a 22 oz Sapporo came to about $40, fairly reasonable. They have a hibachi section as well, which began filling up around 5pm. Again, if you're a suhi fan and happen to be in Williamsport, this seems like the only good place in town.

1  Thank spedy1
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Friendly staff, great food. Beautifully served. Try the kobay beef on the hot grilling stone. Yummy! We eat here way too often. Pricey but never disappointed here!

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

We eat here wayyyyy to often...
Not that, thats a bad thing!
I love the fact that when my family walks in the door they know us by our first names! I think that is good business sense plus we have dropped ALOT of money here!
We keep returning because the quality of the food is great! Portion size is large, if you walk out of there still hungry something is wrong! Its always fresh not frozen!
We literally eat here once a week, and at the end of every meal my little girl aways five the cook a hi five, whats funnier is even if they arent cooking for our table if they reconize my little girl they come over and give her a hi five!
I also work in a local hotel and always recommend this restaurant when guest want something a little different!
My family is obessed!
Last time we went there for dinner the host didnt even give us menus! Haha!
Keep is the great job, you will continue to see my family once a week as always!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Scrumptous hibachi feast - the usual chefs at the best. Place was rocking on a Friday night. Good selection of japanese beer and mixed cocktails with an asian flair.