“Horrible Service”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Williamsport
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Williamsport
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We stayed at this hotel several times and each one was a bad experience.
We found bugs in the bathroom.
We could hear the people in the room next to us.
They lost our reservation.
Assistant manager was very poor in handling any of the situations.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank worldtraveler6900

Reviewed July 28, 2010

We travel up this way each year and this time decided to stay in Williamsport. After reading reviews on here and seeing what was available we decided to stay at the Holiday Inn Express. The young man at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. We got to our room and it was large and very clean and had a refrigerator and microwave. The beds were very comfortable with both firm and soft pillows. Breakfast was complimentary and was above average for this type of hotel. They had eggs, biscuits, sausage gravy, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, etc. A very nice selection and they had someone constantly checking on it. I would definitely stay here on another trip through Williamsport.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Stayed a weekend at the Holiday Inn Express for a volleyball tournament. It was the best experience. I knew it was a brand new hotel so I was expecting cleanliness. However, with a sold out weekend and much commotion, I didn't expect the staff to be so pleasant and helpful. No question or request was too much. The breakfast was satisfactory. The room (I had a suite) was comfortable and very spacious. The pool area was clean. The best was the staff. Everyone was so nice. The restaurant in the Holiday Inn was as good as any 5 star restaurant. The food was delicious! I would definitely be a returning guest if ever in the area. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed March 7, 2010

The good: very friendly and helpful workers; new hotel;/clean rooms; good breakfast with helpful attendant; free parking. The bad: although there is an indoor pool, my son cut his foot on a piece of loose tile on the pool floor; the beds are really high off the ground which was hard for my elderly mother in law; the beds had a plastic sheet on them, very annoying; the layout is kind of off and hard to find your way around.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2010

I have stayed in almost every hotel in the area and when i heard that an Express was going to open I was excited. I never had a bad experience at a Express and this one was no different. The staff was amazing from the first moment i stepped foot in the door. I loved the fact that every room had a 37" flat screen LCD TV...atleast the one i was in That was awesome! I was a little put off after i heard the rate but the front desk clerks behind the desk were very pleasent and explained everything that came with the stay. They were by far the most friendly staff i have delt with in my 30 years of staying in hotels. The hotel was in perfect location to almost anything one would need in downtown Williamsport. They also had a shuttle that would take you anyplace you needed to go with in a 5 mile radius of the hotel. The hotel indoor pool was beautiful. The only negative thing i could say about that hotel was that my stay wasn't long enough.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 10, 2009

My husband was in town for an interview and I came along. We stayed in a new room (#240) for 2 nights. King bed, sitting area, huge shower, wonderful linens, flat screen TV, free WiFi that worked!, free breakfast bar...I could go on. SO CLEAN that I could have a peaceful nights sleep! I sure hope it stays this way. There is a good cafe in Montoursville that serves lunch and dinner, Johnson's Cafe on Main Street. Look for the yummie bakery across the street from Johnson's = like stepping back in time to the 60's.
Both very easy and quick to get to, ask at he front desk.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I'm guessing this is the best hotel in Williamsport. The others I looked at were 2-3 star at best. I'm sure this is technically a 3 star because of the amenities but compared to most of the 4-5 star hotels I've stayed at this deserves 4 stars.

Customer service was great. I was originally staying at the Holiday Inn. The Express was due to open on my date of departure...I had a leak in my room so they upgraded me to an Express room and I had the whole floor to myself and a couple construction workers. Construction was kept to business hours so no bother for me as I was there on business anyhow.

Nice rooms...not the largest but adequate. The attached restaurant is mediocre at best. I'd eat elsewhere as there actually are some great places to eat in town like Joy Thai....VERY good Thai food.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business