“Comfy place to rest your head”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Williamsport
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Williamsport
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Ive stayed here on numerous ocassions on business. I figured maybe its time for a review.

All in all the staff is courteous and friendly. Housekeeping was willing to accept my requests of not bothering me until after 12pm as I was working nights. Also didnt tuck those pesky sheets in every single day which is a big deal to someone like me who works about 14 hours with the travel time included. I dont want to get out of the shower and have to turn down my sheets. I really appreciate this extra effort.

I really only have 2 gripes about anything other than the lack of change during breakfast. Every day biscuits and gravy and it gets old real fast. They do change up the eggs but I dont touch those omelets or the egg beaters stuff. Its just nasty. The pancake machine is a nice substitute if it had worked. I spent over 3 weeks here and they couldnt seem to get that fixed or get a new machine.

The other gripe is my company is direct billed to the hotel. But yet they pre-authorized my debit card over $2000. This is just appauling. Had I not had the funds to cover the preauth or had it actually taken this money out of my account I would be livid.

As far as the rooms go. They are nice. I started this trip at the Hampton across the street and after 2 days moved to the Express because the Hamptons beds are horrible. I was able to sleep much better and was overall more comfortable at the HI Express.

All in all its a nice hotel, comfortable, the food is ok but id like to see more change in variety other than just a different type of egg and meat.

Oh and for the love of god, please do something with this elevator. I almost forgot. Absolutely hands down the slowest elevator I have ever been on in my life and dozens and dozens of hotels.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank davebressi

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We enjoyed this hotel for the five of us (double queen suite) and were pleasantly surprised with the updated room and bathroom, tastefully decorated, with a little kitchen area with a fridge, microwave and sink...The staff was exceptional, with smiles from everyone - the housekeeper, front desk and the woman in the breakfast area, who even had the chef at the adjacent Holiday Inn prepare pancakes for my son and husband! The pancake maker on the free breakfast bar was out of order and she was kind to bring us freshly made pancakes from the restaurant with no additional charge! A very good choice if staying in Williamsport, centrally located in the downtown with free parking and right across the bridge from the Little League World Series site! We were also pleased with the extended breakfast hours during the week of 6am to 10am...

Room Tip: When traveling in the elevator with front and rear doors, you might end up on the Holiday Inn side i...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Prior to booking our hotel, I called an spoke with Nate. He was very friendly and professional. He gave me a lot of information about the hotel, and assured me that there were plenty of things to see and places to eat while we planned our trip.

Ours was a family trip with our five year old and four year old. One of the deciding factors in choosing a hotel, was an indoor pool. The indoor pool at this hotel was alright. There were some tiles missing in the pool, which was concerning. The pool water was also really cold! Sadly there was no hot tub to warm up in, so we only swam for a short period.

Back in our room the television sound only worked on some channels. Not usually a huge deal, but since one of the channels was Nick Jr where the sound didn't work, we had some sad kids.

The sleeping arrangements were comfortable to say the least. We didn't have any problems with noisy neighbors and had a quiet nights sleep.

The continental breakfast in the morning was about as decent of a meal that can be expected. I was very disappointed that the milk I got for my son was expired by several days and was still offered in the fridge.

We probably will try another place the next time we visit Williamsport

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Williamsport, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Jannica,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and appreciate your compliments regarding our staff friendly and professional. On the other hand, I apologize for the inconvenience the pool and breakfast issue you have encountered may have caused. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was the second time we stayed here, wasn't planned but weather forced off the road for the night. Nate at the front desk remembered us from 6 moths earlier and was able to provide an outstanding room at a price within our budget. Big thanks!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank c c
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Clean, quiet and well-maintained. Typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast. Great location for court and other downtown locations. On-site parking. Can't go wrong with the Holiday Inn Express standards. Would return.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Our stay was fine. The rooms are spacious and well maintained. The hotel wifi was completely unusable. It cut out every 2 min on my new laptop. Williamsport is a tiny town. If you are like me, and look visibly different from the residents, you will be treated with a certain amount of hostility. There were many holiday parties going on during the evenings and our room was literally jumping with loud music up til midnight for 2 nights in a row. The elevator was also very loud when closing. Our room was right by the elevator and quite loud late in the evening and early morning. The hotel is well located - you can walk to Kohl's, Wegmans and many downtown restaurants.

Room Tip: Rooms are quieter the further they are away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Williamsport, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Rubberducky17,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am happy to hear you appreciate our hotel rooms. I apologize for the challenges you encountered with the WIFI connection and level of noise. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for your review and we hope you do choose to give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 13, 2013

The hotel is obviously new and is very clean. The service I experienced was very quick from check in to check out. The location was good right off the highway and with easy access to the area. The breakfast bar was plentiful featuring regional highlights of the American southwest for the numerous frackers staying there. Grits, biscuits n gravy, & hot sauce are standard at the breakfast bar.
The room was quiet and overall can't complain at all.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business