“Definetely Service Oriented!”

Hampton Inn Williamsport
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Williamsport
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We stayed here for one night March 23rd. The hotel is immaculate, the service and focus on detail is impeccable and the workers are the most sincere that I have ever encountered at a Hampton. The room that we were assigned to was a king. It was very spacious with a microwave and a refrigerator. The public areas are spacious, clean and lovely. The hotel is within walking distance to town, a large number of wonderful restaurants, stores and pubs. A lovely place to unwind.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 11, 2012

The Hampton Inn in Williamsport, PA is a five-story structure with a little over 100 rooms. The hotel sits just off I-180 and, for all intents and purposes, shares a parking lot with a Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Perkins restaurant, Kohl’s department store, and a Wegman’s grocery store. So it is kind of convenient in that sense.

When I checked into my room, there was a personalized letter welcoming me to the property along with a bottle of water and small bag of Chex Mix which was a nice touch. This seems to be an older Hampton Inn property that, while clean, could probably use some updates to bring it up to par with other Hampton Inns.

I stayed at the hotel for five nights on business. My room type was a king-bedded room on the top floor of the hotel facing the river (the other side of the hotel overlooks downtown Williamsport and a parking lot). The room was clean and everything was in working order. The room’s carpet seemed to be updated, but the rest of the furnishings in the room were showing their age (but, again, everything was clean and housekeeping did a good job). The wallpaper on the walls was starting to peel and the furniture had clearly seen better days. The room featured a small desk, a pull-out sofa, a small coffee table, a dresser of drawers, an armoire instead of a closet, as well as a small microwave and refrigerator. The flat panel TV featured a good selection of channels in standard definition. Wireless and wired Internet access are also provided; its speed was a little slow, but sufficient to do work and surf the Internet. The bathroom was rather small and had a small vanity wedged in the corner. The towels were older and of poor quality as they shed on you when you used them to dry of.

The hotel features the typical Hampton amenities of the free breakfast in the morning (slightly better than average with hot oatmeal, biscuits/gravy, and donuts), a small fitness room (free weights, one treadmill, and one elliptical), and a pool/jacuzzi. Some of the pictures I have seen of this hotel show an evening manager’s reception, but I did not see this offered at the property.

Downtown Williamsport is around the corner from the hotel. The part of the town in which the hotel is located seems to be undergoing some revitalization for the better. The Wegman’s grocery store is a great choice for a quick meal as the store features a pizza station, Asian food bar, salad bar, soup bar, sandwich shop, prepared foods, and a good selection of beer 6-packs. The Holiday Inn complex next door to the Hampton Inn features a nice restaurant and bar (try the Bavarian Barbarian grapefruit-tasting IPA beer if you see it on draft).

Towards the end of my stay, a strong smell swept through the hotel. The smell continued the next day. When I asked the front desk about it, they said someone threw a cigarette into the mulch outside the hotel and it started a small mulch fire. The smell was quite strong in my room and in the hallways and it persisted for a couple of days. The hotel did not do much to try and alleviate the situation.

If you’re a loyal HHonors member, this is an adequate place to stay to work towards the next level of HHonors status. But if you’re ambivalent toward HHonors, you might want to consider the newer Holiday Inn Express next door.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bill R
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Room was clean and well appointed. Staff was courteous and knowledgable.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jack K
Reviewed January 6, 2012

This is a typical Hampton with excellent rooms, a good indoor pool and hot tub, excellent breakfast, very helpful and friendly staff, and an excellent location. It shares a parking lot with a Perkins restaurant and is located across the street from a Wegman's supermarket.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ecuabuckeye
Reviewed January 3, 2012

This is our second visit to this hotel and I am happy to report that the items I complained about in my last review have been fixed ie I could now send as well as receive e-mails and we had a king-size duvet that more than covered our king-size bed. We splurged on a suite for one night. It was huge with sofas and TVs in each room, microwave, small fridge and bar sink. Check-in was swift and welcoming with a variety of freshly-made cookies to take the edge off our appetite. The breakfast buffet was well-stocked with bacon, scrambled eggs and fresh doughnuts (just what we need after the holidays!).

Room Tip: We will ask for suite 528 again next year.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank t42
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Stayed one night while visiting the Pennsylvania College of Technology's Open House in October. Staff are welcoming and helpful. I needed to photocopy a two page document and the front desk staff member was happy to help me, free of charge. The room, with two queen beds, was clean and comfortable. The free breakfast was a bonus. The location of the hotel is very convenient - Starbucks is down the street about a half mile and you can walk to Wegmans and Kohls from the hotel. Wegmans was perfect for something quick to eat. The hotel is about one mile away from the college; Hampton Inn also gives a discount if you are staying for anything related to the college. If my nephew attends the college, we will definitely be staying at the Hampton Inn in the future.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I reserved a room on the way to Williamsport for one night. We were in the area to go to the Flight 93 Memorial, and also the PA Grand Canyon. Was greeted warmly and was able to check in early. We asked for recommendations in the area for lunch, and was given a list of quite a few within walking distance. We chose a pub/brewery and it was a great choice. The hotel was right next door to a new Kohl's, and Wegman's was also steps away, which was a win-win for me. After spending the day out and about, it was nice to come back to freshly baked chocolate chip cookies at the front desk, and to get into their extra comfy beds. After leaving the next morning after breakfast (free and plentiful), we hit the road again. About 30 miles away I remembered I had forgotten my jackets in the closet of my room. I called the hotel, and they were most gracious. They put the jackets in the mail, and I received them 3 days later. Would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple