“reasonable if you book on line”

Best Western Williamsport Inn
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Williamsport
Reviewed June 10, 2013

the prices are a little high for the area and if you don't book on line for the discounts, they really gouge you at check in. I saw this first hand on the couple behind me at check in where the same room was $28.00 more per night. The rooms are clean and the beds comfy but absolutely zero water pressure for the shower. I stayed here last year and had the same complaint. The staff said they would get on it to fix it then, and said the same thing this stay. Company line I guess. The attached ruby Tuesday's meal was fantastic!!!

Room Tip: book early on line for better rates
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
iannarino, General Manager at Best Western Williamsport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for your review I am sorry that you experienced issues with your water pressure we did have problems with it last year but addressed them when we renovated our hotel. We have not had complaints since that time. We would love to have you stay with us again so we can provide you with a superior experience. Please contact me next time you are in the area and I will be happy to help you. As far as our rates different types of rooms do have different rates there also additional charges for the amount of people in the room many factors can affect prices. Again thank you for your review and we hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Williamsport Inn

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Check-in was easy. There were fresh cookies available on the front desk and popcorn from a machine in the center of the lobby as well as fresh coffee. As the other reviews say, the hotel was clean and the staff friendly. Everything you might need was within walking distance including various chain restaurants and a shopping plaza. The room had a microwave and minifridge. The rooms were equipped with a blow dryer. The rooms also had nice black-out shades which were not torn and ratty as is often the case in other hotels. The beds had great mattresses and 4 pillows on each. The breakfast was included and was more than sufficient - even including a waffle machine, hot eggs, bacon and sausage. However, here were the two downsides I experienced. First, the external stairways need to be re-finished and spruced up like the rest of the hotel. Currently they are an eye-sore to the property. Second, on the last evening I heard a regular beeping within the room. I thought it might be the smoke detector, but eventually realized it was a cell phone call coming though. However, until that realization hit me, I disconnected the face of the smoke detector to check on the battery. I noticed that the electrical wiring had been previously disconnected. When I plugged the face of the detector into the connector, I got a regularly occuring beeping indicating that a battery was low or improperly inserted. This is the core of why I am giving this hotel a rating of 3. Cosmetically, this place is great. However, should there have ever been a fire, the fire detector in our room would not have operated since no electical connection had been made, allowing this safety device to operate. I did report this situation to the main desk upon check-out.

Room Tip: I suppose that an inside facing room might have less noise for those guests retiring early. The out...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review I am glad that you enjoyed your stay overall and would appreciate it if you could call me regarding the issues that you experienced I want to ensure that the problem was corrected. I thank you for bringing it to our attention. Again thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you again

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was a nice place. Clean and simple rooms. Free wifi. Free breakfast Friendly staff. I found out I could have saved about $60 on the room if I had called the hotel directly. There is a TGI Friday's onsite and several other fast food places nearby. The pool wasn't open yet but seemed nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon. Again thank you.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was a great place to stay in Williamsport. It had everything you needed in close proximity and the staff were all very nice morning, noon and night. TGIF attached to the hotel, Olive Garden, & Ruby Tuesday along with multiple fast food places in walking distance.
The rooms were clean and had little refrigerators and microwaves. And I loved the pillows!

• Stayed: April 2013
iannarino, General Manager at Best Western Williamsport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete a review. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

NICOLE IANNARINO
GENERAL MANAGER
BEST WESTERN Williamsport Inn

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the recently remodeled Best Western in Williamsport for a total of eight nights over two weeks. Anything that was not quite right was immediately made so by simply asking (and there were only three things between those eight nights and two rooms). the breakfast in the morning was fair (the eggs that they have to use, well, stick with the waffles) - always had fresh fruit, some pastries, bagels, etc, cereal, coffee - something for everyone, and friendly faces too. The rooms are fresh, clean and roomy enough (it's a hotel, not an apartment).
You'll probably want to leave the fan running all night to help muffle the sounds of the oilfield workers, as they get up pretty early in the morning and carry too much gear to walk quietly.
TGIFridays (attached) offers a 10% discount off of food if you display your room key.
The front desk staff was very accommodating when I needed to print a number of things that I had forgotten at home but needed for my trip. Thanks to Tim, Thane, John and Linda for your help and smiles the last two weeks.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your stay here with us in Williamsport. I am pleased that my staff was able to help with any requests and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Sincerely, Nicole Iannarino

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Recently stayed overnight in Williamsport, the center of Western PA shale gas drilling. Since the drilling prices in hotels have gone upward BUT this BW was a real buy at less than 80$ for the night. The king bed was wonderfully comfortable, the room spacious and a first floor one, check in simple, the staff was warm and welcoming and helpful with hints and places to get a drink. My business took me to the Lycoming Mall but that was a mere five minute drive from the BW.
A great spot and with an outdoor pool it would be fabulous in the summer.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
iannarino, Manager at Best Western Williamsport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the BEST WESTERN Williamsport Inn. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you come and see us again soon!

Best Western Williamsport
1840 East Third St
Williamsport Pa 17701
Phone(570)326-1981
Fax(570)323-9590
Email:Nicole@knsmgt.com

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Location was convenient and we were tired so chose this hotel. I though it was a little pricey for what we got. Probably would not choose again. However, the front desk staff was nice and rooms are pretty clean. Bed was lumpy and pillows thin and we could here the conversations, tv and laughing in rooms around us. Also there seemed to be a lot of people standing around outside their doors smoking

• Stayed: April 2013
iannarino, General Manager at Best Western Williamsport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at our hotel. I would like to apologize for the issues that you experienced during your stay. We strive to provide everyone with a wonderful experience and would love the opportunity to have you stay with us again. If you would like to stay again please contact me directly and I would be happy to make you a reservation.

Best Western Williamsport