Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena
Comfort Inn & Suites(Wilkes-Barre)
$84
$110
$119
$101
$81
All reviewsroom was cleanfront desksuperior king roombudget hotelroad tripupon checkan overnight staylong drivegreat roomconvenient locationthe mohegan sun casinowould definitely stay here againone night staystaff was friendlyjuliaroofspet
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was driving cross country with my brother had a terrible experience the night before so I really went through the room. We got 2 rooms both were clean and well kept. Staff was pleasant
price was average and coupons were available in the books at the visitor centers on the highway

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Fayann K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

We were happy to read your comments regarding the cleanliness of our rooms as well as the service of our staff members. We take pride in the quality of our hotel and in delivering the highest level of service. I was also glad that you were able to take advantage of the coupon books from the travel center. We hope to see you again during your next cross country trip.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were in Wilkes Barre for the state bowling tournament. A group of us stayed there. It was clean and in a convenient location. Bed was comfortable enough. Our room had a microwave, small fridge, coffee pot and safe. We didn't need them but if you do they are in some rooms. The casino is just a mile down the road too.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Fayann K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Wilkes-Barre Red Roof Inn. I always enjoy hearing from our guests concerning their experience, and will be certain to share it with the staff. Feedback from our guests always serves as encouragement to the entire staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service. We hope to be able to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

1 night stay...thank goodness entire place from front desk to non-smoking room reeked of smoke. Big cigarette burn hole in the bedspread....plenty of other choices in the immediate area, pick something else. Not worth it

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GM3020
Fayann K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay at our location. I am sorry that it was not as pleasant as you expected. I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to prevent a similar situation in the future. At Red Roof Inn, it is our intentention to insure all guests have a comfortable experience from beginning to end. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you again for sharing your concerns, and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We were in the middle of a snow storm and had to find a hotel and spotted the Red Roof Inn. I want to say that Dominique was at the front desk and was very very nice. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable.
I thought this was an excellent room for the price.
I was esp. please with Dominique. I felt she went out of her way to be helpful and considerate.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Fayann K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you so very much for taking time from your schedule to post such a positive review about our hotel and, and to recognize Dominique for her great customer service skills. It is our goal to exceed our guest's expectations in both quality and service, and in reading your comments it appears we have succeeded. You're comments are very much appreciated, and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I've noticed that Red Roof Inn is very hit or miss.. If we're looking for a quick place to sleep for the night we're usually okay with this hotel, but you really have to make sure its one of the newer ones. Anyway, we took a quick trip to PA & decided to check out Mohegan Sun in the Poconos, since they are just in the process of building they're hotel, and we were headed back on the road early the next morning, we checked in to the Red Roof which was the closest place to the casino. The room was tiny, pretty much filled with the bed, which was the worst bed ever!
The mattress was rock hard & the pillow was thin as cardboard. I could barley sleep & woke up with a huge ache in my back. On top of it, the air conditioner/heater was making a banging noise all night. I could not wait to get out of this place! I might as well have slept in the truck. When we were leaving, I noticed a dumpster filled with mattresses (which is where they belonged) so maybe they were starting to switch them out. Terrible Terrible sleeping experience!

Room Tip: None of them!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fayann K, Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our facility. I am truly sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, and that you found your bed to be uncomfortable. On the bright side, you are correct. We are in the process of replacing bedding, and have completed about two thirds of the building at the present time. Maintenance also repaired the heater in that room the day this comment arrived. At Red Roof we take pride in providing a clean and comfortable room for every guest, at an affordable price. Again, please accept my sincerest apology, and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in a more satisfactory manner in the near future.