“I would like to recognize Dominique.”

Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Endicott
“I would like to recognize Dominique.”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We were in the middle of a snow storm and had to find a hotel and spotted the Red Roof Inn. I want to say that Dominique was at the front desk and was very very nice. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable.
I thought this was an excellent room for the price.
I was esp. please with Dominique. I felt she went out of her way to be helpful and considerate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Fayann K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking time from your schedule to post such a positive review about our hotel and, and to recognize Dominique for her great customer service skills. It is our goal to exceed our guest's expectations in both quality and service, and in reading your comments it appears we have succeeded. You're comments are very much appreciated, and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Southampton, New York
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I've noticed that Red Roof Inn is very hit or miss.. If we're looking for a quick place to sleep for the night we're usually okay with this hotel, but you really have to make sure its one of the newer ones. Anyway, we took a quick trip to PA & decided to check out Mohegan Sun in the Poconos, since they are just in the process of building they're hotel, and we were headed back on the road early the next morning, we checked in to the Red Roof which was the closest place to the casino. The room was tiny, pretty much filled with the bed, which was the worst bed ever!
The mattress was rock hard & the pillow was thin as cardboard. I could barley sleep & woke up with a huge ache in my back. On top of it, the air conditioner/heater was making a banging noise all night. I could not wait to get out of this place! I might as well have slept in the truck. When we were leaving, I noticed a dumpster filled with mattresses (which is where they belonged) so maybe they were starting to switch them out. Terrible Terrible sleeping experience!

Room Tip: None of them!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fayann K, Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our facility. I am truly sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, and that you found your bed to be uncomfortable. On the bright side, you are correct. We are in the process of replacing bedding, and have completed about two thirds of the building at the present time. Maintenance also repaired the heater in that room the day this comment arrived. At Red Roof we take pride in providing a clean and comfortable room for every guest, at an affordable price. Again, please accept my sincerest apology, and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in a more satisfactory manner in the near future.
Campbellford, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel for an overnight stay. It is just a couple of minutes off the I-81, look for the hotel sign as the hotel itself is not visible from the road. The staff person at the desk was friendly, we booked through "hotel.com" and no problems with the reservation. The room was exceptionally clean, beds comfy, large screen TV, in room safe ....everything you need for an overnight. There is no breakfast but complimentary coffee is available in the office. I would recommend this hotel and stay again myself.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fayann K, Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Wilkes-Barre Red Roof Inn with others. We strive to provide each and every guest with a clean room, great service and a good rate. We truly appreciate your feedback, and will continue to strive to provide our guests with the best lodging value in the area. Thank you agaiin, and we hope to see you on your future travels.
Marietta NY
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Excellent service by Rob at check in, very accommodating to my sister-in-laws physical abilities. Affordable price, room was very clean, cheerful morning staff, coffee was good. Will recommend to others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We were happy to read your positive comments about your recent stay at our facilility, and your appreciation of Rob's great customer service skills. We take pride in the quality and cleanliness of our hotel, while delivering the highest level of service to our guests. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I needed a room for 3 nights, and knew it was a basic hotel, not fancy. I looked at others which cost twice as much, and decided they would probably not be twice as good. It was the right decision. The front desk people were extremely friendly and helpful - even saved us their extra newspapers so we could have extra copies of my father's obit (we were there for his funeral). Our room on the third floor had a stunning view of the valley, was quiet and clean. The beds were very comfortable, we slept well during a very difficult time. The Wifi worked perfectly for us. Everything in the room was comfortable and functional. There was a security officer in the lot one night when we got back late - very friendly, and I felt very safe.

There was a little bit of trouble oe of the nights with some rowdy, loud guests, but the hotel got things calmed down quickly (usually nothing gets done in these situations, which are all too common when I have stayed in hotels). I appreciated the way the hotel was run very much! I really needed for this stay to be quiet and restful, and it was. There were an endless number of great restaurants close by, the mall (though we did not go shopping), and even stores like Wal-mart within 2 miles for anything we needed.

If and when we stayed in the area again - hopefully for happier occasions - we would certainly choose Red Roof Inn again. We felt it was a very good value, excelent location, and friendly, professional staff.

Room Tip: Up high was great - quieter, great view. Third floor was further from road noise, you don't hav...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RamblinRedhead
Fayann K, Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I want to thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Your comfort and satisfaction is our number one priority, and I am happy to read that we exceeded your expectations. I will share your review with the entire staff as it serves as recognition to a job well done. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcome you back soon under more pleasant conditions.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stunned this hotel got 3.5 stars. We showed up at midnight. Dark with a closed lobby evidently due to security issues. Our room was a dump and had obviously not Been cleaned. Dirty floor, stained sheets, blankets belonging in the third world, and a wonderful surprise with a bar of open soap and loose change sitting on the bathroom floor. Free breakfast was coffee and sugar packets. Not only will i never come back but red roof is now on my black list forever.

• Stayed January 2013
lucijane, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. Comments like yours are not always nice to hear, however, it helps us focus on the areas that need to be improved.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotels is to to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Please rest assured that security issues are not a problem at this location, and what you experienced is clearly not the normal guest experience.

I want you to know that comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we're doing wrong and what we can do better. I hope for another chance in the future to meet your lodging needs.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed February 17, 2013

When I travel to luzerne county area I stay there because of the reasonable price but especially a place that accepts pets. I love that has rooms and very clean and quiet area. Has security personnel and near the mall.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Yvette2006
lucijane, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. At Red Roof we believe in providing an exceptional experience for all of our guests at a rate that affords excellent value. We constantly strive to represent our property in a manner that exceeds the guest's expectations.