“It's a great place for one or two night stay.”

Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed here at the beginning of the month for my aunts funeral. I wasn't looking for anything fancy just a place to sleep and this place was absolutely perfect. It was conveniently located right near 81 as my aunts service was in Dickson City. Upon check in I told the desk clerk Patti why I was staying and she offered me a bereavement discount. Who would have even known hotels offered that. That was so kind of her because I was using money I didn't really have to come in for the service. They're very accommodating putting my room in the corner and away from the highway like I had asked. They have fresh coffee 24/7 which is reason enough for me to stay again. I really enjoyed my stay but I wish it was a trip for pleasure. Will definitely stop in again when traveling north after the new year. Thank you Red Roof Inn and Patti!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Lthomas246
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have stayed in many motels and hotels and the value for this room was great. It was extremely clean and comfortable. The front desk was helpful and friendly. There was only one thing that concerned me. Upon check in I was given a room number and key. When I went to the room, the curtain was open, lights and TV on. When I went back to the desk he kindly gave me another room and told me that the room he first sent me to should have been empty. The computer said nobody was in it. Now, what concerns me is what if I was in that room and somebody else got the key, would they have come in? What if I was in the shower or in there alone? Given that, I have mixed emotions.. If it weren't for the mix up with the rooms I would have given this property an excellent review. I would also think that maybe a discount on the room should have been offered but was not. In my years this is the second time this has happened to me. The other time was not a Red Roof. Always make sure the room has a dead bolt and you use it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mard3
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Room was clean, and I give it high marks for what it is, clean well appointed room, free WiFi, and all for very reasonable price for one night!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Have been staying here while in area numerous times.. Kristen at the front desk is a wonderful asset to this Inn.. Pleasant and accomadating. Always goes the extra mile, like making sure there is a fridge in my room when I asked for one.. Always asking how my day was and how my wife is doing..The rooms are not fancy but are clean and well maintained.. The Housekeepers are doing a very good job. If you are in the area and need a good place to stay for a good price this place cannot be beat

Room Tip: have stayed on both first and second floor.. Only difference is first floor rooms are closer to car...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed at this Inn few times and have had no problems. Its cheap, clean and central. What more do you want? It also provides free wi-fi. The inn is about 2 miles from the casino. You cant go wrong with what you pay for this place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed here two nights while having a procedure at the Veterns Hospital right down the road.The room was the cleanest room that we had rented in years.People working there were very friendly and helpful.The coffee was better than the Cracker barrels that we had on the way home. We would Definately stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stopped at this hotel on our way to Connecticut. It was nothing fancy but the room was clean and well kept. The front desk were helpful and very pleasant. Best of all they let animals stay for free which you wouldn't be able to tell since they do a good job of cleaning. The price was great as well. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple