“Small Room and more signage.”

Holiday Inn Express Wilkes Barre East
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel, it is very hard to find due to its weird location and very few visible signs. They put us on the 4th floor so that we could see the view but the room had a very small window..really a stretch for the view. The staff was very friendly and offered us a larger room for $20 more which we took...same size room just an extra bed crammed in it! I was not impressed will try a different hotel the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilkes Barre East, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear spnguys,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. It is great to have you back at our property. Your satisfaction is important to us and we always strive to provide the best possible hotel experience to our guests. We are more than happy to know you appreciated the service delivered by our staff. I certainly apologize for the disappointment you experienced with your room accommodation. Rest assured that the issues you had will be looked into.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night with our baby. The hotel was clean and the room was spacious. There was plenty of room for the baby's crib. The staff was friendly and the free breakfast was good. The view wasn't the greatest, but we were there basically to sleep, not to look at the view. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Great stay, pleasant and helpful staff. Nice pool and it stays open until 10:30 pm, the kids loved that!. Nice breakfast buffet with a several options for all breakfast tastes. An added plus is the view from this mountain top Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2013

the hotel stay was excellent overall. the only problem we had was finding the hotel. when checking in i was asked if the holiday inn sign was easily seen. i had to say no. this in itself is not a reason for me to dislike my stay or my choise of holiday inn express.i would like to take this oppertunity to rave about the front desk clerk,Zakija. She suggested a great restaurant in the area and she was spot-on!!!

Room Tip: rooms near elevators great for seniors
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

This is probably the best hotel closest to casino and racetrack. Check in was a breeze. Room was super clean and very modern. Great beds and pillows as well! Plenty of restaurants,gas,and dunkin donuts nearby. Highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area. Only complaint is that it is slightly overpriced.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 16, 2013

From the moment I finally found this hotel (it is located on the side of a mountain, behind other buildings - a little difficult to locate) The front doors were locked - and the front desk agent was over at the other end of the lobby getting coffee, taking his merry time to get back to let me know.

Bad attitude, unprofessional, and I got all of that from just a few minutes of him saying...
Reservation?
Name?
Credit Card?
Sign here, here, initial here, sign here.....
Here's your key.
Thanks.

That was the summary of the conversation.

While I don't expect to leave the front desk being 'best buds' with the staff - I do expect at least a hospitable greeting.

When this building fulfilled its usable life a Hampton Inn, it become a Holiday Inn. If you have ever stayed in a Hampton Inn that was built in the early 90's - you will know what to expect at this hotel.

While the exterior of this hotel isn't readily recognizable as a former Hampton Inn, just walk the halls!

My room was very cramped - and there was WAY too much furniture.

The wi-fi was in and out, and I finally had to call because my laptop said the issues was with the broadcast hardware (Thanks WiFiX) When I was on the phone, the agent said that there were 4 other guests of the same hotel on the phone, and said they had been receiving other requests about this hotel.

OK, I know, I have a ton of complaints above... but really the hotel isn't all bad, the rooms are comfortable (though cramped), the beds are reasonably comfortable, and the property has nice amenities, and has a great location (once you find it!).

I would stay here again as long as I could get a decent nightly rate.

Room Tip: As for a room on the front of the building - the back of the building faces the mountain... without...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilkes Barre East, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear admit_it,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comment, we truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay and if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our staff. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are very unhappy about your experience. Rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, I wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great stay, great staff, close to casino, cookies all the time, they will bend over backwards for anyone, best hotel option in wilkesbarre area by far, never without a smile, love the biscuit and sausage gravy breakfast!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013