“It was exactly what we needed!”
Review of EconoLodge Arena

EconoLodge Arena
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
NJ
“It was exactly what we needed!”
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We stayed in 2 rooms (me, my mom and my aunt) for 4 nights, while I had a small surgery. The rooms were clean, the beds were nice and firm, the microwave and fridge were super helpful and a nice addition. The rooms were on the first floor because I also brought my dog.
The first room they gave me was closest to the outside door, it had a musty odor, so I asked for another room - got one 3 doors down and it was good. I saw a guy working on the sprinkler system while i was there, so I guess there was a problem.

the folks that worked there, espectially the afternoon evening crew were really sweet. And even though the place was booked, we didn't really even run into other folks. There is a Perkins Pancake house adjoining the parking lot, which my aunt and mom ate at almost every meal after they tried it out, it was just fine also.

Another sweet thing was when they found out why we were coming, they automatically give us their best rate, which was better than any I saw advertised. Bottom line? It ain't the Ritz, but in a way, I preferred it because of the warm helpful atmosphere and the kind folks who worked there. I'll be back if I'm ever in need of a place in the area.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Albany NY
Reviewed August 13, 2009

We wanted to stay one night in the Wilkes-Barre area as part of a longer driving trip. We chose this hotel because of its location and low rate.

We were there less than 12 hours, but they stay was fine. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The room itself was okay. It was clean enough, but it seemed that it had been a while since the last renovation/remodeling. That didn't bother us, but if you are looking for something new and shiny, this isn't it. If you want something reasonable, clean and convenient, this is the place for you.

Instead of eating the free breakfast, we went over to Perkins.

Also, the hotel had free internet, but both neither my husband nor I could get it to work on our laptops. It wasn't a big deal to us for one night. My husband just used the business center.

By the way, the room did have a fridge and microwave, so that is always a plus.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Shelton, CT
Reviewed July 30, 2009

Since the Gamblers came to town it's tough to find a room that hasn't been smoked in. Tried to book at Hilton Garden in but they couldn't guarantee a No Smoking room, too bad they lost 4 rooms at 2 nights and pissed of 2 families of Hilton Rewards Members.
We ahd stayed here in the past and found it a good value and comfortable. Sometimes the restaurant/pub is open but don't count on it for a cold one, bring your own. Bickfords adjacent to the hotel is an OK hearty place to eat but DRY! We had to check out several rooms before finding one that did not have an odor (smokers are an inconsiderate entitled lot), management was accommodating about our request. Continental Breakfast was good, parking adequate, internet and cell svc reliable. Will be back next time I'm in the area as they have earned my business with topnotch, caring staffers, location to I-81 and amenities.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 21, 2009

We spent last night at the Econo Lodge in Wilkes Barre. What a pleasant surprise! This was by far the nicest Econo Lodge we ever stayed at. Check-in was pleasant. Our room was clean,in great condition and included a refrigerator, microwave, and wireless internet. We didn't take advantage of the complimentary breakfast. I will definitely stay here again if we spend a night in Wilkes Barre.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank LoveRoadTrips2
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed May 26, 2009

We were presently surprised with our one night stay at the Econo Lodge. I was the trip planner and this was a convenient stop located right off of the interstate on our way to CT. I found it on the internet and I thought this would be a good place to spend the night. The older ladies I was traveling with were very happy to unload and WALK across the parking lot to the Perkins for dinner. The hotel staff was very hospitable considering the needs of these older women. The room was very clean, A/C worked great and the bed was comfy. The hotel was recently remodeled...I thought it was brand new! I would definitely stay here again. My traveling companions would agree.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Joykeeper
Fayetteville, New York
Reviewed May 9, 2009

You really wouldn't believe this is an Econo Lodge. This hotel is so clean it was absolutely amazing. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights for a getaway trip to the Wilkes Barre-Scranton area. The location is off I-81, but you would never know it, it was so quiet at night. The breakfast room s a little small and busy until about 8/8:30, but you can easily carry it back to your room. Breakfast is plentiful, but a little on the carby side. I had my own fruits and yogurts with me to balance out the breakfast. We had a king suite, which was a huge room and the bed was very comfortable. We will definitely stay here again. This hotel has won 2 platinum awards for the Choice Hotel chain and you will see why.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed March 9, 2009

We needed a place to stay while attending an event in the Poconos and the Econo Lodge-Arena was a good choice. Although it was a little further from the mountain than we would have liked, it was fine for our stay. Staff was very helpful and friendly even when we arrived close to midnight for check-in. There are a few restaurants close by if needed. I recommend Abe's BBQ on 309. There is also a K-Mart and a Rite Aid close by if you forget to bring anything. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, having a refridgerator and microwave was an added bonus. I liked that the sink was outside of the bathroom so when one of us finished showering the other could just go right ahead without feeling cramped. We'll be attending the same event this time next year and we will probably book this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple