“Good spot for a quick stay”
Review of EconoLodge Arena

EconoLodge Arena
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed August 13, 2009

We wanted to stay one night in the Wilkes-Barre area as part of a longer driving trip. We chose this hotel because of its location and low rate.

We were there less than 12 hours, but they stay was fine. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The room itself was okay. It was clean enough, but it seemed that it had been a while since the last renovation/remodeling. That didn't bother us, but if you are looking for something new and shiny, this isn't it. If you want something reasonable, clean and convenient, this is the place for you.

Instead of eating the free breakfast, we went over to Perkins.

Also, the hotel had free internet, but both neither my husband nor I could get it to work on our laptops. It wasn't a big deal to us for one night. My husband just used the business center.

By the way, the room did have a fridge and microwave, so that is always a plus.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 30, 2009

Since the Gamblers came to town it's tough to find a room that hasn't been smoked in. Tried to book at Hilton Garden in but they couldn't guarantee a No Smoking room, too bad they lost 4 rooms at 2 nights and pissed of 2 families of Hilton Rewards Members.
We ahd stayed here in the past and found it a good value and comfortable. Sometimes the restaurant/pub is open but don't count on it for a cold one, bring your own. Bickfords adjacent to the hotel is an OK hearty place to eat but DRY! We had to check out several rooms before finding one that did not have an odor (smokers are an inconsiderate entitled lot), management was accommodating about our request. Continental Breakfast was good, parking adequate, internet and cell svc reliable. Will be back next time I'm in the area as they have earned my business with topnotch, caring staffers, location to I-81 and amenities.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2009

We spent last night at the Econo Lodge in Wilkes Barre. What a pleasant surprise! This was by far the nicest Econo Lodge we ever stayed at. Check-in was pleasant. Our room was clean,in great condition and included a refrigerator, microwave, and wireless internet. We didn't take advantage of the complimentary breakfast. I will definitely stay here again if we spend a night in Wilkes Barre.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank LoveRoadTrips2
Reviewed May 26, 2009

We were presently surprised with our one night stay at the Econo Lodge. I was the trip planner and this was a convenient stop located right off of the interstate on our way to CT. I found it on the internet and I thought this would be a good place to spend the night. The older ladies I was traveling with were very happy to unload and WALK across the parking lot to the Perkins for dinner. The hotel staff was very hospitable considering the needs of these older women. The room was very clean, A/C worked great and the bed was comfy. The hotel was recently remodeled...I thought it was brand new! I would definitely stay here again. My traveling companions would agree.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Joykeeper
Reviewed May 9, 2009

You really wouldn't believe this is an Econo Lodge. This hotel is so clean it was absolutely amazing. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights for a getaway trip to the Wilkes Barre-Scranton area. The location is off I-81, but you would never know it, it was so quiet at night. The breakfast room s a little small and busy until about 8/8:30, but you can easily carry it back to your room. Breakfast is plentiful, but a little on the carby side. I had my own fruits and yogurts with me to balance out the breakfast. We had a king suite, which was a huge room and the bed was very comfortable. We will definitely stay here again. This hotel has won 2 platinum awards for the Choice Hotel chain and you will see why.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2009

We needed a place to stay while attending an event in the Poconos and the Econo Lodge-Arena was a good choice. Although it was a little further from the mountain than we would have liked, it was fine for our stay. Staff was very helpful and friendly even when we arrived close to midnight for check-in. There are a few restaurants close by if needed. I recommend Abe's BBQ on 309. There is also a K-Mart and a Rite Aid close by if you forget to bring anything. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, having a refridgerator and microwave was an added bonus. I liked that the sink was outside of the bathroom so when one of us finished showering the other could just go right ahead without feeling cramped. We'll be attending the same event this time next year and we will probably book this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2008

Traveling to Vermont we needed a place to stay that was quiet and accepted pets along our route. Our stop was the Econo Lodge. This was an average hotel. It was clean for the average hotel. They had a pet friendly policy and gave us a room on the first floor near the exit. The ceiling was a bit thin and we could hear the occupants walking above us. It was not enough to disturb the dogs. They have a small area to take out the dogs. Out front there is a Perkins restaurant. For the price and the pet policy (10.00 fee) it was a ok for a quick off the Interstate hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)