“Pleasantly surprised”
Review of EconoLodge Arena

EconoLodge Arena
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had the need to go to Wilkes Barre for business unexpectedly and discovered that almost every hotel was booked to the roof. I was not willing to pay $200 for some of the available rooms and booked instead with the EconoLodge @ the Arena.
- The property is not much to look at from the outside since it is basically a parking lot and the hotel
- The desk staff was helpful and efficient
- The rooms were immaculately clean
- The decor was downscale but well suited for the budget minded traveler - the decor was similar to other Choice hotels in the rooms
- The halls were utilitarian with fluorescent lights in the ceiling
- The sink was immediately inside the door which was odd but gave you more space in the room
- The management wanted feedback in writing on your departure concerning your stay and had a contest with prizes to encourage your participation
Overall I would return again

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at EconoLodge Arena, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear George,
First and foremost I would like to thank you for your insight on your recent visit to our hotel.
Your feedback was very thorough and I know it must have taken some valuable time and I truly appreciate your input.
Most of all I am thrilled that you mentioned you would return to us again.
Guests, such as yourself, are invaluable to our business and the hotel business in general.

Once again...THANK YOU!

There are newer reviews for EconoLodge Arena

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great value, rooms are clean and comfortable. Front desk staff is friendly and helpful. Son loved the rubber duck. Will definitely recommend to people traveling up and down I-81. Lobby was welcoming and a great meeting place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at EconoLodge Arena, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you very much for your positive comments about your recent stay at the hotel.
All comments, whether positive or negative are extremely important to us. We take each and every one seriously in order to provide each of our guests with the best possible experience.
I hope you will visit us again so your son can add to his duck collection.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This property is conveniently right off the interstate and offered a clean room at a competitve price. An average to good hotel at this price point. Pet friendly, however, means there may have been a cat or cats in your room before you. Be advised if you have allergies.
Property is well maintained and well staffed. The only negative was that the hallway reeked of cigarette smoke.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to offer your comments to other travelers.
I just wanted to let you know that we have specific pet rooms set aside as pet friendly. They are located on the first floor and we do our best to use ONLY those rooms for our guests with pets. Unfortunately, guests at times do not make us aware that they have a pet with them and when this does occur, we completely strip the room and do a deep cleaning to try to eliminate any pet hair and dander that may have a bad effect on our guests that may be allergic.
Regarding your comments about the halls and the smoke odors: Our only smoking rooms are located on the 3rd floor. We have 2 smoke eaters installed on the ceiling in the hallway but unfortunately, there are times when our guests do not comply with the policy of no smoking outside their rooms or they will actually smoke in a NON-smoking room.
I do apologize for any negative experience you may have encountered.
Once again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

It's pet friendly, that was our biggest issue. It's amazing. Clean, great continental breakfast, hot water, great shore, microwave, fridge and tv, that Work!! The beds were comfy, and the air conditioning wasn't too noisy. It's a great value and we recommend it.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Bobbi,
Thank you so very much for offering your positive feedback about your recent visit to the Econo Lodge Arena.
I loved your "It's amazing" comment.
I've shared your comments with our staff and believe me they truly enjoyed hearing those words too.

Once again, Thank You!
Carol

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Hotel is situated at blackman st & 309 exit off rt 81. Desk staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms was very nice we had a King bed non-smoking also they have mini fridge and microwave in rooms. clean and quiet great maid staff. Free breakfast, free wifi. nice clean and inviting breakfast rooms with flat screen tvs for news etc. Miss Helen does a great job serving the guests! Great place to stay! will stay here again when coming back to NEPA for a visit

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback!
I have shared your comments with my staff, especially Helen (her name is Joan) and they join me in thanking you for your kind words.

We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a pet-friendly hotel, and not having a pet, I must say I never heard one; nor did it smell like pets. Actually a nice-smelling motel. Very clean, easy to find and extremely friendly. So many chain restaurants in the area. Perkins in front of the hotel. Very close to the highway, but we could not hear it. The air conditioning did not go on and off keeping us awake all night. Nice, steady, relaxing hum.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I I strongly recommend to anyone traveling to the northeast Pennsylvania area the Econo Lodge Arena om Wilkes-Barre, Pa. I have been staying at this location an average of twice per year for the past seven plus years when traveling from central Florida to Wilkes-Barre area to spend time with my kids. From the very first stay I was not only impressed at the value for my money but with each and every aspect of this location. I have continued to recieve what I feel is the best VIP treatment possible on each of my stays. The entire staff of the hotel (no exceptions) treat you like family and consistently go above and beyond to ensure that your stay is pleasant and relaxing. The hotel facility itself exceeds ones expectations from security to even the menu on the continental breakfast offered daily 365 days per year. I am also pleased that the employee retention at this location is what I have to believe is well above average as the majority of the faces I see on my visits have been there as long or longer than I have been coming there. I genuinely feel that this has become my "vacation Home" and that the staff are more than employees, almost "family". Do not waste your time shopping the competition as this location is truly in a league of its own! Bruce Hitt- Lakeland,Fl.

Room Tip: Rooms one either end of the building are great if you enjoy private access to the building via exter...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo