“Worth the good ratings!”
Review of EconoLodge Arena

EconoLodge Arena
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Canton Ga
“Worth the good ratings!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here while going to a family funeral, and the folks were all very nice here, as well as being very efficient, and quick. The room was very nice, clean, and no overly cloying smell like some other properties. The housekeeping staff was courteous, and did a great job,with a few exceptions. Breakfast was very nice, and kept stocked well.Check in was quick and efficient.

Yes, I'll be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Don't really have a lot to add as others have done a great job of describing this property. I will just say it's the best Econo Lodge I've stayed at and I enjoyed the way the property seems to really be involved with the area activities and attractions. The little rubber ducky was a nice touch (if you stay you will see what I'm talking about) and I plan on travelling with mine in the near future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
EconoLodgeArena, General Manager at EconoLodge Arena, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I would like to take a moment just to say "THANK YOU" to each and every guest that has taken the time out of their busy schedules to let other travelers know about their own experiences our hotel.
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Normally we don't book Econo Lodge based on some negative past experiences with this particular chain of motels. But this particular Econo Lodge had several positive TripAdvisor reviews, the room rate was good, and it was in an area that fit our trip agenda. We arrived late in the evening and were happy to find the rooms were clean, comfortable, and quiet. I should mention our rooms were on the side of the building not facing the Interstate. Our interaction with the staff was brief, they were courteous and polite. There were adequate food choices for breakfast. Overall a good experience. Glad we didn't let a couple bad apples spoil our decision to stay here. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for the past 6 years. I have a bus group that stop here 5 to 6 times a year. It is one of the best hotel we stay in, in the US. Carol and her staff makes you feel very welcome.

Give her a chance to let her welcome you once. Just tell her Pete sent me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Raymond R
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed for 1 night when I was out in Wilkes Barre for some business. Got there earlier than I usually do, around noon, so I was worried that I couldn't check in until later. Not a problem at all, checked me right in and got a great rate through a highway hotel flyer. 3rd floor smoking room was big, with a comfortable bed, desk, and TV. Also had a microwave and a mini-fridge. Had a room facing the highway - barely could hear the road noise, and it doesn't bother me anyway so not a big deal. Bathroom was clean and sufficient. Only complaint was that the toilet ran constantly, but they had a room repair request form that I filled out so they could fix it for the next guest. Internet was decent (1mb speeds) TV had plenty of channels. Breakfast was fine, waffles, bagels, cereal, OJ - nothing crazy but enough to get you going. Overall was impressed on how clean and well maintained the entire property was, for a "discount" chain. Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bb5555
Eastchester, New York
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This was our 4th time in 6 years and every time we have stayed at this hotel, we have been pleased. From the lobby staff to the room cleaners, every one was friendly or helpful. Very clean. The breakfast assortment has a good selection of breakfast items along with the local paper (Times Leader) as well as the Wall Street Journal. Staying there 10 days between the end of September and the beginning of October, it was fully booked. Lastly, not expensive. A good choice if visiting the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Paul P
Roxboro, Qc
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife, our 2 children and I, stayed for one night on our way to Florida from Montreal. The room was very clean, bedding and bed covers very clean (we take covers off first thing anyway), fridge and microwave clean, bathroom very clean. Comfortable beds and pillows. Obviously you can guess that cleanliness is important to me. The staff was also very nice. Great deal for the price. (The next place we stopped at was a notch higher in rating and yet was not as clean). The hotel is close to the highway and is easy to get to with restaurants near by. I'm rating the location as very good because it is very practical but it is not "scenic" location.

The only complaint I may have (and it was minor) has to do with some noise from the room above: We were on the second floor and when the person upstairs got up at 5:45AM we could hear every footstep creaking from above (I think they may have a wooden structure between the 2nd and 3rd floor -- not sure).

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms may not be as noisy.