“Always Crowded”

Bob Evans
Ranked #63 of 276 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Discover Farm-Fresh Goodness
Lehman, Pennsylvania
“Always Crowded”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Bob Evan's in Wilkes-Barre is just about average. You would think they are giving away money in there though, it's always so crowded! Since our party is usually only two people, we often are seated immedately. The food is decent, though the portions are on the small side. This place could be great is there was more seating and

• Visited July 2011
3 Thank Lancaster27

Somewhere, USA
“Not consistent.”
Reviewed April 18, 2011

I normally only go to Bob Evans for breakfast. I think I'll keep it that way. On the few times I tried dinner with my family, it's been good or bad. It depended on what we ordered. On the last visit, my son's country fried steak was good, as was my mom-in-law's fried chicken patty. My wife's and my chicken parm? Not so much. The pasta and chicken were fine, but the sauce tasted like it was scraped from the bottom of the pot. Kind of a burned taste. Probably should have sent it back, but then we'd be waiting for a different selection while the others would keep eating. They'd be done and we'd just be starting ours. I'll stick to breakfast anymore.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank The_Common_Man
Wilkes-Barre
“Better than Denny's!”
Reviewed February 27, 2010

I was recently in Bob Evan's with some friends I have not seen in a while. We were greeted immediately, and our server was very friendly. The establishment was very clean and the food was delicious and piping hot! I ordered a farmers choice breakfast, two eggs, home fries, hot cakes(which were huge!) and breakfast meats! What a deal! Overall, I was very pleased with my experience, and recommend Bob Evans over Denny's or Perkin's any day!

Lynchburg, Virginia
“Great customer service!”
Reviewed December 25, 2008

Great customer service!

Pennsylvania
“Used to be good”
Reviewed July 13, 2008

Bob Evans in Wilkes-Barre up near the I-81 was one of the first restaurant's to open up when the new Wal-Mart moved up there and it was always busy with good quality food but, we have been there for the last time now.
Although the service is still good, we have noticed the quality of their food has gone down, it's not so much that the portions have also got smaller, that in its way is o.k. but, we can quite honestly say that the breakfast was absolutely tasteless this week (July 2008)
The eggs, sausage, sauce and even their coffee all tasted the same, bland.
Competition is at a premium and so we are moving on for our regular Sunday breakfast with family elsewhere.