“Such good food”
Review of Haystacks

Haystacks
Ranked #42 of 286 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The only reason why I didn't rate this diner/eatery as 5 stars was because of our waitress this time. When traveling to W-B, we always eat at least one meal here - breakfast or lunch (sometimes both). The menu is extensive with solid emphasis on comfort food. The chef has always been spot-on. The fun part about this place, though, is that they keep adding food combinations and will highlight the menu of what the new items are - my latest fun find for lunch was shrimp and chorizo with chipotle mayo on crusty French bread. The prices are quite reasonable and it's very easy to find. If you stay at Comfort Inn or Econolodge - skip the Perkins across the street, and turn right out of the parking lot, go one mile, and there it is on the left. You won't be sorry.

1  Thank xiphosuran

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We meet here every now and then for a homestyle breakfast. This time, we were all disappointed. Service was a little slower than usual, and the food itself was lacking.... in taste and style. With that being said, I would come again... but that could be the final time if it repeats itself.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Not being a chain makes this worth a look at to begin with, since the area simply has very little to offer in the way of casual non-chain restaurants.

I find their lunches (sandwiches) to be average, nothing too special. But their breakfasts always hit the spot. Yeah, I know what you are thinking, breakfasts are hard to mess up....well go visit the local Dennys or Perkins and let them know that, since they do nothing but mess them up.

This place has been consistent each time I have ordered breakfast, and it has been good, and that is all I can ask for. Give it a shot, sometimes the small time local place deserves some love.

2  Thank Master_Tennison
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Tip - you can buy restaurant.com gift certs for this restaurant. The gift certificate is $15 and you have to spend $22 or so to use it. It's a great deal.

My boyfriend and I went in August, and I just took my girlfriend last night. Both meals were very good. I had the turkey dinner both times and absolutely love it. My boyfriend had the crab cakes in August, and my friend last night had the liver and onions (yuck, but she loved it!). We got three pieces of corn bread to share...when we asked for more we were informed there was a fee, which was fine by us. Both times I got the soup of the day and was happy with it.

If you're looking for home cookin' meals that are reasonably priced, and you pair it with a restaurant.com gift certificate, this should be a very inexpensive dinner out.

Our service was only so so last night, but the food made up for it. I asked for more splenda for my unsweetened iced tea which was never brought. When my friend asked for more cornbread, the waitress walked by three times in about 10-15 minutes before I finally said can we get our cornbread, and I was never offered a refill. To be fair, I only ran out of iced tea towards the end of our stay, but I thnk wait staff should be proactive.

4  Thank t1lersm0m
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Great dinner with large menu homemade soups and desserts. Very pleased with my meal will be going back soon . All food looked very good .

1  Thank flyetfan64