“Not a chain!”

Haystacks
Ranked #65 of 275 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Utah
“Not a chain!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Not being a chain makes this worth a look at to begin with, since the area simply has very little to offer in the way of casual non-chain restaurants.

I find their lunches (sandwiches) to be average, nothing too special. But their breakfasts always hit the spot. Yeah, I know what you are thinking, breakfasts are hard to mess up....well go visit the local Dennys or Perkins and let them know that, since they do nothing but mess them up.

This place has been consistent each time I have ordered breakfast, and it has been good, and that is all I can ask for. Give it a shot, sometimes the small time local place deserves some love.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Master_Tennison

Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Great food, reasonably priced!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Tip - you can buy restaurant.com gift certs for this restaurant. The gift certificate is $15 and you have to spend $22 or so to use it. It's a great deal.

My boyfriend and I went in August, and I just took my girlfriend last night. Both meals were very good. I had the turkey dinner both times and absolutely love it. My boyfriend had the crab cakes in August, and my friend last night had the liver and onions (yuck, but she loved it!). We got three pieces of corn bread to share...when we asked for more we were informed there was a fee, which was fine by us. Both times I got the soup of the day and was happy with it.

If you're looking for home cookin' meals that are reasonably priced, and you pair it with a restaurant.com gift certificate, this should be a very inexpensive dinner out.

Our service was only so so last night, but the food made up for it. I asked for more splenda for my unsweetened iced tea which was never brought. When my friend asked for more cornbread, the waitress walked by three times in about 10-15 minutes before I finally said can we get our cornbread, and I was never offered a refill. To be fair, I only ran out of iced tea towards the end of our stay, but I thnk wait staff should be proactive.

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank t1lersm0m
“Better then all the rest”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Great dinner with large menu homemade soups and desserts. Very pleased with my meal will be going back soon . All food looked very good .

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank flyetfan64
Devon, Pennsylvania
“Great Value and Great customer service!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Great customer service and great value for local food! Great place whether you are local or passing through!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank GM_LM_DP
West Pittston, Pennsylvania
“Homemade food, Clean and great service”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was my 2nd time here for breakfast. I have no idea why, other than forgetting about this place. I never see it advertised and maybe that's a good thing. I had stuffed French Toast with Strawberries!!! YUMMY...YUMMY...YUMMY. My sister had homemade chipped beef over toast. Our coffee never went empty and the service was great. Hot, fast and affordable. I will make it a point to come back, over and over. I love breakfast!!

• Visited April 2013