“HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Never been treated so terrribly before! When we voiced our issues, the owner said "Oh well, I guess we won't see you again."

4  Thank Lisa49sf

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I would drive 2 hours just to get this pizza. Truly authentic one of a kind taste. The cappelletti soup brings me back to my grandmother's table. If you want true old school Italian cooking this is the place to be!

2  Thank bettsd
Reviewed March 3, 2012

This restaurant has been one one of the most overlooked in the wyoming Valley. Maybe its location is to blame, but those in the know certainly have memorized its spot on the culinary scene. Its homemade pizza is out of this world, and if you are lucky enough to be there when Grandma has whipped up some tripe , lasagne or sausage calabrese...you are in for a treat.. Also 5 star is the Rack of Lamb. The environment is old world, with decor , two dining levels, and the piano (and sometimes guitar) music in the background...you will be transported to Rome Florence or Naples. the service is always quick friendly and top of the line.....It speaks to the class and reputation of the restaurant when you see the same servers year after year....all in All a great dining experience

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Looking for a nice Italian dinner on a rainy cold weeknight so we decided to give Bettell's Villa a try. We arrived at 6 pm and were pleased to see a crowd of people enjoying dinner. We were seated quickly and settled in with a very nice bottle of Chianti (20.00). I ordered the chicken marsala my husband a special of angel hair with chicken and shrip. When the salads came out I knew we were in trouble...buy a bag of iceburg mix and throw it on a plate... the marsala had frozen chicken tenderloins with a muck that was a sauce and to add insult to injury CANNED mushrooms all for $17.00! Husbands was not much better with rubbery chicken and overdone angel hair (soggy).
Prices were resonable but I do believe if you call yourself an Italian sit down restaurant you owe the public better than bagged salad, soggy pasta and rubbery chicken. Don;t waste your money or time!

7  Thank flowie_22
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Disappointed...
Perhaps we came on the wrong night. Went on a Saturday night. No ambience. Not welcoming. The restaurant was empty at 6:00 and began to fill slowly. Despite the hour and the amount of customers, our server appeared to be overwhelmed and was rude with some “eye flips”. We lit our own candle at the table, had to prod her for a list of specials of the day, our garlic bread was burned (my husband ate it anyway because he was hungry) and service response was very slow. The salad that comes with entrees is obviously out of a bag. As mentioned in another review, resist asking for any special requests. Pricey for poor service. On the pro side, steak with mushrooms was tasty (or were we starving?). Why the huge kudos for a simple pizza? I mean, REALLY? The veal with capers and lemon in a light sauce was ok. Requested an espresso, which arrived at our table 25 minutes later- as we were leaving. Would not suggest this restaurant to anyone. There are much friendlier and better quality places to eat in the area. I can make outstanding pizza, veal and steak at home (we should have).

3  Thank PA2NYC