My husband and I went to this hotel to celebrate our first anniversary. I really didn't know what to expect. After looking at all the search engines and comparing prices, I ended up picking this hotel. The hotel is beautiful, the grounds are beautiful and the staff were so very friendly and helpful. Starting from the night manager Charlie, who I asked a question to, and he looked it up on the internet and printed the information for us. Our room was one of the newly renovated rooms, we were very happy with the room. We went down to "The Bistro" which is located in the hotel. Very excited we did not need to leave the hotel to get good food or drinks. The staff in the Bistro were so nice. John and Mariaha provided quick and friendly service. And the food was reasonably priced. The next morning we came down to buffet breakfast. The best I have ever had in a hotel. The front desk staff is quick to help you and provide directions on anywhere you would like to go. Later on in the day we used the hotel shuttle service to go to the casino. And then called them and they picked us up when we were ready to go. We got to enjoy the hot tub and pool while we were there as well. On our anniversary night, we stayed and had dinner at the hotel. There was a wedding going on, so the bistro was off limits till 7, but Mariaha had us sit at one of the tables in Wildflowers and she served us from there. The food was delicious. When we ordered dessert, the food hospitality manager came out to wish us Happy Anniversary, served the dessert and said it was on her. Her name was Karen, and again super nice. The entire hotel is staffed with very nice people. The only complaint we had was the elevator issue, as it is under construction, the elevator was slow. This soon to be Holiday Inn is a great hotel now. We would definitely return to it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service hotel with two restaurants on premises. Bistro & Lounge with outdoor seating. A hearty hot breakfast buffet included with every room. Large indoor pool, spa & sauna. Complimentary Business center, Wi-Fi, Fax & copy service, Iron & ironing board, Hair Dryer and Courtesy Airport & Casino shuttle. Meeting & Banquet rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Booking.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus East Mountain Hotel Wilkes-Barre
- Best Western Plus East Mountain Inn And Suites
- Best Western Wilkes Barre