“Mobility Accessible Online”

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed May 15, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Angela A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Reviewed May 9, 2013

The employees were very helpful and curtious, especially the front desk. I had very good meals, beakfast and dinner. The decor was very pleasing, nice, neat and clean. I price was reasonable. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Mandy L, Manager at Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear "Anita G"
On behalf of the Best Western Plus East Mountain Inn, I would like to thank you for your patronage and your feedback on your recent stay.

The team at the hotel takes great pride in delivering a memorable experience for our guests and are happy to hear about each time we succeeded our goal.

We look forward to your return during your next visit to the Wilkes Barre area and would be happy to assist you in any way.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed at the Best Western Plus this week on a business trip. ALL of the staff that I encountered were more than pleasant, friendly AND helpful! I found all areas of the hotel to be extremely clean and in great condition. Very quiet at night, this is a big deal for me. My room was fantastic, had all of the basics that I needed, and the bed was very comfy. Only issue I had was that my door was very difficult to close, and made a very loud noise when I did so, and I was concerned about disturbing other guests. Location for me was perfect, as my business destination is right down the street – 1 minute drive. The room was $75 per night for a King Size room, and this is probably a corporate rate, but you cannot go wrong for this price. The grounds are well kept and there is a nice patio area adjacent to the hotel restaurant.

I tried room service from the Bistro a few times and it was a hit or miss, but I always received speedy delivery. First meal I ordered for dinner was the onion soup and a side veggie medley. The veggies were not cook enough for me personally, and the onion soup didn't have many onions and the broth tasted like it came from a can - so this was a miss for me. Another night, I ordered the NY Sirloin steak medium rare served over sautéed mushrooms and onions, which comes with the daily veggie (asparagus - my favorite) and the potato of the day (red roasted) and this meal was cooked to perfection, and left me wanting more. There is a breakfast buffet which you receive a free voucher for. The buffet consists of scrambled eggs (which I did not try because I am fussy about my scrambled eggs, and they just did not look appealing to me), pancakes, bacon or sausage, home fries, fruit, juices, cereal, yogurts, breads, muffins and pastries. The first day I tried the buffet, I wanted to have some pancakes, which I did not end up trying once I discovered that the only maple syrup offered is the crappy cheap processed stuff, which I will NEVER eat. They need to also offer REAL maple syrup for us Foodies. Bacon was too greasy as were the home fries – worst home fries I ever had. Sausages were good, fruit and juices were great. Toast, and other baked goods were tasty as well. I had breakfast room service twice. I loved the oatmeal breakfast which comes with fresh fruit and a bran muffin and a side of brown sugar for the oatmeal. I had another breakfast that was 2 eggs your choice (I ordered over easy, but got over hard – not too happy), along with home fries (did not eat) and your choice of meat, I had the sausages which are good and toast.

As for other reviews of people complaining about ladybugs - give me a break! The hotel informs you when you check in about the fact that this is a "ladybug area" and that the lady bugs are harmless - which they are, and there is NO need to freak out of you find them in your room. For goodness sakes, we are NOT talking about cockroaches or mice!

Overall I greatly enjoyed my stay, and I would recommend this hotel for other travelers.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear "PeaceChick"
On behalf of the Best Western Plus East Mountain Inn, I would like to thank you for selecting our location for your recent stay in the Wilkes Barre area.

We were happy to that your stay was a pleasant one and that your accommodations were clean and comfortable. Your feedback was extremely helpful in providing us valuable detail that will be used in improving our food and beverage experience.

We look forward to being your host again during your next visit to the Wilkes Barre area and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

This hotel is super clean with very efficient helpful staff. The rooms are updated and very well appointed. The patio off the bistro where we had a really good meal is surprisingly scenic and relaxing.We came for one night and stayed two. After our relaxing time in the gazebo,we wished we could stay longer.We will certainly return.Breakfast was great .The personal touch really makes this hotel worth using.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mandy L, Sales Executive at Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Hello Selina P,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our
panoramic views.
We hope you come back again soon and maybe make a vacation next time.

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Waited until the last minute to book a hotel in Wilkes Barre. This hotel had rooms considerably cheaper than its competitors....glad we stayed.

Rooms were clean and updated. We did notice some staining on the walls, etc, however, and the wall separating the bathrooms of the next door neighbor must be incredibly thin...After a late night, We were awakened to the sound of a LOUD hairdryer....it sounded literally like it was on in our own room! (@ 6 am, this was annoying to say the least).

Breakfast was great and the kids enjoyed the pool.

The fitness room had updated equipment.

Overall, would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Mandy L, Sales Executive at Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

We are so glad that you chose to stay with us unexpectedly and enjoyed yourselves.

We hope that you come back again soon and make a longer vacation with the
kids.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is my fifth trip to the Pittston/DuPont area for business and the fourth time I have stayed at the Best Western EastMountain Inn.

It is, by far, the finest hotel in the area with easy access to all the services I need to complete a successful trip. I have been at many Best Western's over the years. This one is easily the best I have found.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Mandy L, Sales Executive at Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Hello Jerry M,

Everyone at the Best Western Plus/East Mountain Inn would like to thank you for such
a great review.
We are so glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us each time. You are
traveling very far and we want to continue to accommodate for a suceesful trip
each and every time.

Hope to see you again soon.