“Wonderful Discovery”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Ottawa, Canada
“Wonderful Discovery”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Found a coupon for this hotel and decided the rate made it worth a try. It was great. Lovely large room with excellent bathroom layout. Clean and comfortable. Dinner at the Sunset Grill was very tasty and our buffet breakfast (included with room) was delightful-real linens, glassware and cutlery on the tables. Full array of breakfast items hot and cold provided. Access to and from hotel was very easy off I-81. Will stay here whenever in Wilkes Barre in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms with even numbers on more scenic side of mountain.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
ManorHotelCorp, Jilly Harris, E-Commerce Manager at Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful testimonial. On behalf of the staff at East Mountain Inn & Suites, we are glad you had the opportunity to stay at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This is a very nice hotel that looks like it has had some recent updating. When we checked in, the employee at the desk (Charlie) was friendly and efficient. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the free breakfast in the morning was good. A sign directing people to the pool would be nice, although the staff was very helpful in pointing us in the right direction. I would be happy to stay here again.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
SylviaD41, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review and acknowledge our staff. Yes we have renovated our whole fiest floor. Thank you for noticing. Charlie is one of our best employee for customer service. He will be so happy to see this review. I hope you can stay with us again in the future. Sylvia Decker, Best Western Plus East Mountain Inn & Suites
Cape May Co., NJ
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I travel for personal pleasure. The Best Western Plus East Mountain has been home base for several trips as I visited and photographed homes, schools churches cemeteries and historic places- family sites from Scranton to Berwick. East Mountain Is in the center, very close to routes I-81, I-476, 309, 115 and 11. It is a pleasure to return to the Inn and get a relaxing deliciousmeal- morning, noon and evening, I have enjoyed the evening lights across the valley; I have watched snow transforming the view.

Room Tip: Being able to schedule for a three-day promotional rate is a strong plus.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Glad to hear you have enjoyed your past stays here with us. It has been our pleasure. Yes we are very close to all major highways. Right off I-81, Route 115 and the PA turnpike 476 is right up the road. You are right about the views. The view from one of our top floors when the snow has just fallen is amazing. Thank you!! Sylvia Decker, Best Western East Mountain Inn & Suites.
Uxbridge, MA
Reviewed February 20, 2012

All positive attributes of this hotel were overshadowed by the uncomfortable beds. If you can get over that, the hotel is a good, clen, no frills property. Good for our overnight stay on the way down to va.

• Stayed February 2012
SylviaD41, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We are very sorry to hear that you didn't like our mattresses. Most of our rooms do have new pillow top mattresses. Thank you again!! Sylvia Decker, Best Western Plus East Mountain Inn & Suites
NJ
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Stayed one night and for the most part I enjoyed my stay, especially for the great rate that I was quoted. The room was large and clean. There was a very faint smell of I think it was mold that I smelled when the room heated up at night. It wasnt enought to really bother me or for me to complain. The hotel's free buffet was enjoyable. Check in was quick and efficient. Finding the place was very difficult. After typing in the hotel address in my gps I ended up in a residential area. I went to the hotel website and an address for gps devices was listed and I was only 2 miles away. I should have looked at the website carefully. My only complaint was the size of the bath towels. They were closer to the size of a hand towel. Other than that I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. Regarding the smell of the heater. The winter is our slower time so all the rooms don't get used as often. This maybe why the smell accrued. We will be renovating more rooms soon in the fall/winter. We would have gladly moved you to a different room if you had wished. Yes we do have a problem with our address for GPS. Our mailing address of 2400 East End Blvd. doesn't work in most GPS machines. 600 Wildflower Dr. Wilkes-Barre PA 18702 will get you to us. We are trying to get this problem resolved but have been having some issues. Sorry you had a problem finding us. We are working on it. Sylvia Decker, Best Western Plus East Mountain Inn & Suites
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
Reviewed February 10, 2012

The Best Western Plus East Mountain Inn & Suites in the Wilkes-Barre area was a perfect stop for an overnight stay. Atop a hill, the hotel was easily accessible from T. It was located within three minutes of the Mohegan Sun Arena and within five minutes of the Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs. It had a very nice indoor pool and jacuzzi area that opened early (6am) and closed late (10pm). The hotel had a hot breakfast buffet, another plus. The bed was clean and firm, the room was well lit with ample lighting sources for reading. The lobby was spacious and the desk attendant was extremely friendly and helpful. My only two complaints; a toilet bowl whose seat cover refused to stay up (a menace to us guys) and the remote for the TV was missing. Otherwise, a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We are sorry about the seat not staying up and the remote missing. I will speak to my maintenance and housekeeping managers about these two issues. Thank you, Sylvia Decker, Best Western Plus East Mountain Inn
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I enjoyed my stay 2 weeks ago and will stay again. Friendly service, clean beds, excellent breakfast buffet, and quiet rooms. Not the biggest on Best Western, but this one sure knows how to do hospitality the right way.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
SylviaD41, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Wow!!!!! Thank you so much for the kind words. I hope you will stay with us again soon. Thanks again........Sylvia Decker, Best Western Plus East Mountain Inn & Suites