Best Western PLUS Genetti Hotel & Conference Center
Comfort Inn & Suites(Wilkes-Barre)
$84
ComfortInn
$179
GardenInn.com
Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena(Wilkes-Barre)(Great Value!)
$60
$110
$119
$101
$64
All reviewskirby centeroyster restaurantpublic squaredowntown locationoysterskings collegewithin walking distancehotel restaurantan older hotelhot breakfastoutdoor poolwonderful hotelgreat place to staycomfortable bedswould highly recommend this hotelnice surprisefree breakfast
Reviewed July 28, 2010

There is no 3 stars hotel in Wilkes-Barre so this hotel is good value.
The room was clean, large enough for two, the area was safe and right in downtown. We didnt stay in the room or the area very much we were in town for the Carole King concert.
We had the complimentary hot breakfeast witch was great.
Overall a good place to stay

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2010

The hotel was clean and the staff friendly. We were traveling with our three children, so we got a room with two double beds and brought a cot with us. There was barely enough room besides the beds and furniture to set up a cot; so I wouldn't recommend trying to fit 5 into one room. We didn't know if we would like that the hotel is located 'downtown' but this turned out to not be a problem, as there was not much traffic on the weekend we were there; and we were able to drive about 5-10 minutes to be by many restaurant choices and the mall. There was a binder in the room that had all the information we could want on the hotel's amenities, the times the pool/breakfast were open, and places to eat and things to do locally. We found this to be very helpful. Our children enjoyed the pool very much. Breakfast was excellent and was probably my favorite part of our stay. The food was freshly made and of high quality and the waiters were very attentive to our needs.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I traveled with my father to go back to his hometown and 50 year high school reunion. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Great location for downtown Wilkes-Barre, Hey I know it is not a "hot" spot to travel to but the area is very clean and safe. My only dig on the place is that the restaurant and bar are dated and smell of smoke. Their private parking lot is very handy and their conference rooms were nice.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We got a good deal through Priceline, so for $50 it was probably worth it. However, the room smelled a bit moldy, almost like body odor. We had a non-smoking room but could still smell cigarette smoke from somewhere. The walls are pretty thin, although the bed was comfortable. There is a flat-screen TV but that's the only update to speak of. The decor, furniture, elevators, etc. are badly in need of an update. The pool area looks great! I feel like they started an overhaul and stopped after the pool decor and parts of the restaurant/bar.
We did not eat in the restaurant/bar except for complimentary breakfast, which was greasy, but otherwise pretty good. The service was good, parking is free, and the location is great - walking distance to the Kirby Center and much of downtown Wilkes-Barre. The casino is about 3 mi. away (but there's no shuttle, and a cab costs close to $20 each way).

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank krismsulli
Reviewed May 28, 2010

I was initially looking forward to our stay as the most recent Tripadvisor reviews were positive. However, I wasn’t happy with our stay here. It seems to be hit or miss and we missed.

One reviewer mentioned that he had to pay $4 to get into the surface parking lot. I just want to say that you don’t have to pay. The instructions state that you can pay or if you’re a guest, buzz the front desk to open the gate for you but it did take several minutes before someone responded.

Our room looked run down. There were blood stains on the chairs and one lamp was missing the on/off knob. I had to take the knob from another lamp so that I could turn that one on.

The walls were paper thin. You could hear traffic and workers moving equipment at the Kirby Centre. On top of that, we could hear the couple next door ... doing things. I’m glad our son was asleep cause I didn’t want to explain that one to him.

On a positive note, there was a complimentary hot breakfast and there was good shower pressure.

I will not be staying here again and couldn’t recommend it to anyone else. If you do take a chance, I hope you get one of the better stays.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family