“Excellent stay, Caring Staff”

Best Western PLUS Genetti Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I made reservations for eight rooms, some for 3 nights and some for 2 nights. My family was gathering for my father's funeral. The staff at the hotel, especially Chris, the Front Desk Manager, was wonderful. The rooms were very clean and well appointed. Everything was convenient. I cannot say enough about the staff at the hotel. They were excellent. They made our very sad time much more bearable. I would recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We arrived in Wilkes-Barre with this hotel in mind--thanks to the Hotel.com coupon we had picked up at the Pennsylvania welcome building on the highway. I think we were disappointed to see this was a Best Western but in an old hotel building downtown. But it was raining and I was tired, so we decided to see if it was at least clean. I parked the car in the driveway, and saw that they charge for parking--I will say I was in a bad mood.
The desk manager was all smiles and helpful. The rate was excellent and it included 2 free drinks in their bar plus breakfast, free wifi and a pool--and parking IS FREE FOR GUESTS. All my concerns had been handled. The room was very nice, and there are restaurants both in the hotel and on the square out front.
I will note that the bar allows smoking, and so we didn't stop to enjoy the free drinks. I don't get that the restaurant is non smoking, but the bar is not.
Breakfast was in the hotel dining room, where they have wedding receptions. A free hot breakfast on real plates and with real silverware--wow. Most of our hotels are serving on foam plates with plastic dinnerware.
Not a complaint, but the smoke detector began chirping after dinner. The front desk was busy with new clients, but gave me a battery and I handled the change-out.

Room Tip: I like to be able to see my car, you will park in the back, so get a room that overlooks the parking...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Spent one night (Friday May 16th) with wife and 2 children to attend son's college graduation in Wilkes Barre PA. Assigned a 2nd floor 2 queen non-smoking room. No view as we were to the back of the building looking over the lower roof. Recommend higher floor and on the other side of the building. Small refrigerator and coffee maker with coffee complimentary. Older building so some what dark with a slight deodorizing odor in hallways, but air in room did not have odor. Air conditioning/heater unit in the room isn't as quiet as I would prefer but I snore so it wasn't a problem. Bathroom remodeled clean and nice. Room updated clean and comfortable. Beds on the softer side which the kids and wife preferred. Staff friendly and helpful. Free breakfast somewhat standard fair, pre made pancakes, sausage, bacon, scrambled, eggs, self make waffles, selection of juice, coffee, tea, selection of muffins, bagels and so forth, for free it was good.
Didn't eat lunch or dinner at the Oyster Room the on premises restaurant, but breakfast was in that facility. Outdoor swimming pool on premises, but closed for season. On site free parking.
Price $107.90 plus tax. Not luxury but a Good deal, would stay there again in room overlooking the street and higher up.

Room Tip: Not luxury but a Good deal, would stay there again in room overlooking the street and higher up. We...
Reviewed May 15, 2014

While the city of Wilkes-Barre obviously has a great deal of work in the years ahead to improve the paving of the streets the hotel itself has shown a huge interest in improving it's appearance with the changes it has affected since my last stay at that facility which was three years ago. My wife expresses her satisfaction with the hotel as well.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

This hotel was very clean both the lobby and the room. Bed was very comfortable. I do not how ever recommend the free breakfast. Should you not be there when it starts you will not have a very good choice of food. It is conveniently located to the FB Kirby Center for concerts and shows. Also centrally located for dining and movie going if interested

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2014

The staff was very helpful and accommodating for us. the breakfast bar was wonderful and elaborate. they did everything in a timely manner for us. the location was near highways and our wedding venue too. parking was on site too. our room was clean and the beds were comfortable. the housekeepers brought us the roll away bed and helped move furniture too. we would definately stay here again if we needed to.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying over the weekend, From the Courteous Front Desk staff and well appointed clean rooms to the sumptuous complementary breakfast served in the romantic oyster restaurant. All aspects of stay exceeded my expectations. Being so close to the center city activity and river views in FM Kirby Park made the trip even more enjoyable. Thank you for a pleasurable experience and I look forward to staying with you again!

Room Tip: The higher the better, views of downtown are spectacular
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Travelers also viewed these Wilkes-Barre hotels
Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wilkes Barre
Hilton Garden Inn Wilkes Barre
Hilton Garden Inn Wilkes Barre
#4 of 21 in Wilkes-Barre
Courtyard Wilkes-Barre Scranton/Arena
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilkes-Barre Scranton

Been to Best Western PLUS Genetti Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!