“We loved our stay!!!!!!! It deserves more than 5 stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Best Western PLUS Genetti Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
heislerville nj
“We loved our stay!!!!!!! It deserves more than 5 stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

My husband & I stayed here with our 2 children 6 yrs & 20 months & 2 dogs (Italtion Grey hound & American Pit Bull Terrier) . My husband is working in Dallas Pa & when we got here we couldn't get into out campgroud till the next day so I called for a reservation for 1 night. I spoke with "DORI" she was so helpful and pleasant to talk to. Dori made us feel very welcome she brought us an extra blanket for the dogs & gave us a doggie bag full treats. This is the best experience I have ever had at a hotel. They never "discriminated" against the dogs I owned (because "pitbulls" are looked down upon everywhere). We also had our camper with us & Dori let us park in the bigger parking lot & had it in camera view. Also the "WONDERFUL LADIES" that keep this Hotel looking beautiful "STEPHANIE, SHELLY, ANA, DAWN, THERESA" deserve gratitude for there hard work & they were so nice to us. These girls work very hard & deserve to be treated kindly they work just like the rest of us to earn a living so if you see them give them " A THANKYOU" keeping this hotel so nice!!!!! If we ever need a place to stay again in this area this is were we are going!!!!! THANK DORI for all your help and making us feel so welcome you are such a people person & I thankyou so much for your hospitality!!!!!! To my "Cleaning Ladies" Keep up the good work thankyou for the nice clean room!!!!!! SINCERELY AMY, RAY, CHARLEE, GRACIE & "ABBY & CAMI" CONRAD

Room Tip: The rooms are very clean also because we had dogs they have designated rooms for pets due that some...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank amy c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Room was ok. Hotel was pretty full, so we could not be switched to a room with a king bed. We shared a double. Bed was very uncomfortable. Heard at least two different dogs in the hotel barking at night. I'm guessing people sneak them in. Walls are thin. Loud kids and dogs made for a long night. My wife and I did not get any sleep. Breakfast was very good. Free internet is a nice addition. It can cut in and out though. Not a great area....but we didn't really find ANY great areas in the city. I guess at $40/night I can't complain too much. Booked on Priceline - name your own price.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jb1405
swagnersir, Manager at Best Western PLUS Genetti Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 24, 2011
Thank you for reviewing your stay. We are disappointed you didn’t get a good night’s rest and unable to provide you with a King room due to our occupancy. While our hotel is pet friendly we require pets (and their owners) to be on their best behavior we are sorry they weren’t. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our free hot breakfast buffet. Our wireless internet is being expanded for better coverage and faster speed. We hope you will visit us again in the future to see first-hand our many improvements. Thank you again for visiting us and sharing your experience.

Sam Wagner
Hotel Manager
Wheeling, West Virginia
Reviewed August 17, 2011

If your able to be there on a Thursday from May to November you have to go to the Farmers Market in the town Square and any other time visit some of the amazing eateries surrounding the square. The staff at the hotel were some of the best I have encountered.

Room Tip: Orbitz will give you a good price
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Connecticut
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Very dissapointing experience this weekend. I drove for four hours through torrential rains to surprise a childhood friend and her daughter as they had come up from Virginia for an annual family reunion.This hotel group needs to brush up on their committment to service. I had called the hotel directly and was lucky enough ( or so I thought) to reserve two nights in one of their last available rooms. At check in they only had me down for one night and when I caught the mistake, the young woman at the front desk ( who was paying more attention to a puppy she had behind the desk and passing employees than on hotel guests) corrected it , but quoted a new higher rate than I had been given on the phone. Her response was "...well, that's what it is, maybe it will be lower when you check out". This was not a good sign of good things to come at the Best Western Genetti.
I was told to drive through to the side parking lot..of course, it was full. I drove around the block , braved the rain again and entered the lobby again to ask where I could park...no apologies from the desk clerk that she had directed me into a full lot or that now I was really wet from the rains and my second unsuccessful entrance at the hotel... to make a long and ugly story short..I had to request that she get someone to accompany me in my car to the lot ( as it turns out, the lot has no sign to indicate it's the hotel lot ..only a $3.00 a day sign). A very kind and professional young man came to my rescue..Ahmed saved the day.. he helped me figure out the lot and manage my luggage. Ahmed was the only "best" that I saw at this hotel.
The hotel smelled like smoke in many of the public spaces. Quite unappealing.
I ordered a salad and soup from the Oyster restaurant. The salad looked lovely, but was literally swimming in a cup of dressing..I've never seen anything so awful. I was too disheartened to even try the soup. Breakfast was a disaster as well. Even though they knew the hotel was fully booked, they seemed to be prepared to feed a small group. A nice blonde woman was apologetic..but she was definately understaffed and overwhelmed. On the positive side, there was a sweet inspirational saying that was propped up on the bed pillow..... sad to say it wasn't enough inspiration to fix all that went wrong at this hotel.The experience was so bad, that I left after one night.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 2, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for one night July 30th, 2011. We come here when attending shows at River street Jazz cafe. Wilkes Barre is a trek for us from the Phila. area, so we need to stay over. Best Western Genetti meets this need perfectly. The rates are reasonable, it's clean, easy check in and out. Also, they have a nice outdoor pool and free parking.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Grand Prairie, Texas
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My wife and I stayed three nights at the Genetti, early Friday morning through early Sunday. On Saturday evening I had planned to enjoy drinks and a cigar in the "cigar friendly" lounge with an uncle who was attending the same family reunion. However, the lounge, as well as the pool, were rented out for a private function so were not available for the guests of the Genetti Hotel. What kind of classless operation treats its patrons that way? I will never return to this hotel nor will I trust Best Westerns in the future. Also, the noisy A/C and lack of attention to detail in the room made the room a very poor value for >$100 a night. Look elsewhere when next you visit Wilkes-Barre.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We are disappointed you were unsatisfied. There are certain times our pool, restaurant or lounges are closed due to special events. On these rare occasions, we make every effort possible to notify our guests that are arriving on those dates. Unfortunately we fell short in our efforts and have since taken additional steps to notify our guests. We sincerely apologize that you weren’t able to enjoy our lounge. There’s no doubt you would have been thoroughly impressed with our service and selection of beverages. We hope you will allow us another opportunity to exceed all your expectations.

Sam Wagner
Hotel Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Decent location near restaurants and shopping, and though the colonial meets 1995 decor is strange, it's obvious the owners care about and care about the place an keep it in good shape.

The rooms are large with big LCD TVs, mini fridge (though no freezers) and comfortable beds.

Bathroom was smallish and as others have noted poorly lit inside (unless you turn on the heat lamp.) Water pressure and temp are good, though the shower/tub walls did need a bit better cleaning.

Free parking and free breakfast voucher make up for those shortcomings though.

• Stayed July 2011