“Way better than average food and super value”
Review of Florio's Pizza

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Florio's Pizza
Ranked #184 of 277 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: Pizza
Boston, Massachusetts
“Way better than average food and super value”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

OK, nothing fancy. but don't let the average rating discourage you. Neighborhood take-out pizza parlor, no seating and looks vaguely abandoned, but by far the best pizza I have had in Wilkes-Barre to date. This probably has as much to do with my pizza preference as anything else but I love the thin crispy crust swamped with an abundance of saucy cheese, or cheesy sauce. I'm talking about the round here, not the weird square trays of bread with a little tomato sauce smeared on top that the locals call pizza. My mother-in-law made me eat pizza at Norm's a couple of times, her favorite, and I wanted to puke. That isn't pizza. But what do you expect in a valley where they call something "barbecue" that has never been on a grill or touched by smoke? Heyna? I only tried the pizza but also saw a rave on line for the wings. Worth a try. Also worth noting that since Florio's is in the Wyoming Valley, sort of like being in the twilight zone, and appears not to have been remodeled since about 1953, you can afford to try everything. Price for a small pizza here is about what you pay for a glass of water in the developed world.

• Visited July 2014