“very tasty. yummy margaritas.”
Review of La Tolteca

La Tolteca
Ranked #11 of 286 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 23, 2007

very tasty. yummy margaritas.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Reviewed September 6, 2007

This reataurant has the best food for really great prices! they have an outside patio area that we eat at every friday until it gets too cold! As soon as you sit down they give you fresh tortilla chips and freshly made salsa. I have had many different things and they all have been wonderful! Chicken, shredded beef, and seafood chimichangas, quesadilla, enchiladas and more.dinner comes with a "guacamole salad" and delicious refried beans or rice. my husband enjoys the shrimp fajitas - the shrimp are grilled to perfection with peppers onions and t omatoes. daquiris are delicious, too - mango, banana, peach - many different flavors. definitely a place to go to if you're in the area. service is great and quick, too!

Reviewed July 18, 2007

I'll make the two-hour roundtrip drive just to eat here again!
I moved to PA two years ago from GA--where a Mexican restaurant can be found on every other street corner--and I've been on a hunt for great Mexican food ever since. But everything here that claims to be 'authentic' Mexican food isn't--it's TexMex. I finally found this gem when visiting Wilkes Barre to attend an event at the Wachovia Arena down the street. I live an hour away, but I'll be making the trip to eat at La Tolteca as frequently as I can.
The menu is varied, with all the classics items present, and the combo meals are a real bargain in large portions. The complimentary chips and salsa are incredible...just as good as in the South.
My only complaint was that it took quite a while for our food to arrive, even as tables seated after us received their meals. But I think the problem was that our waitress forgot to put in our order, so I don't think it's usual to wait so long.

Reviewed April 14, 2007

I go to La Tolteca on Tuesday nights when the Mexican band plays...its alot of fun!
Staff is always friendly and the food is really good.. Be prepared to eat alot of it, too! They give you warm chips and salsa and ranch dip to start out.
I never had a dissapointing dinner here. I recommend this place.

Reviewed April 9, 2007

We were pleasantly surprised by this cozy little restaurant on Mundy.
The food is authentic Mexican. My wife was thrilled with her chicken chimichanga, and I really enjoyed my burrito / taco / enchilada combo. The refried beans and guacamole were very good. The service was quick and polite. We paid a fortune for 3 chocolate milks for the
kids, and they came out in enormous glasses--having kid glasses of chocolate milk would have been nice. On the other hand, we paid $4.95
for three tacos that were very good sized that we split between three
kids. On the whole, a very good authentic-style Mexican meal for the price--we paid $55 (before tip) for four adults and 3 children. I would definitely go again.