“Lookin for a good time ?”
Review of Mohegan Sun Pocono

Mohegan Sun Pocono
Yorktown Heights, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Lookin for a good time ?”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Its a smaller version of the huge casinos that you would find in A.C. which makes for less walking and has a slight intimate feel. Now, there is a newly constructed hotel on the property but doesn't offer many amenities compared to the Holiday Inn Express which is only a mile down the street.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Steve K
MoheganSun_PA, Manager at Mohegan Sun Pocono, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Hi Steve,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate your feedback regarding the hotel and from the timing of your review, it looks like you may have been one of the first guests in our hotel! We did want to let you know that if you are planning a return trip, our pool and fitness center will be open in early January, followed by the Spa. Additionally, we've completed installation of iPads in each of the rooms.

Thanks again for your visit and your review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Dirty filthy place ”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

The buffet was disgusting the serving spoons were caked on with food on the handles. No server at the carving station. Waitresses did not clear table at buffet then yelled at us for clearing the table ourselves. One of the floor greeters when I asked a question said "yo wassup". Machines were filthy smoke was everywhere including the non smoking areas. Overall experience bad we use to the way things are in Atlantic City clean good service etc. I know this is not it lantic city but they should try a little harder for a casino that's only 4 years old

4 Thank Joseph B
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Nice place to go for change of pace.”
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Had a very nice time at the casino with mixture of table gxmes and slots. Was disappointed that virtually no food choices for the vegetarian/ kosher traveller (other than Ben & Jerry's). Am told that there is now a comedy club there but have not had the opportunity to go.

berwick, pa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The Music”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Love the casino but the loud blarring music is annoying. You can't even hear when names are called out. They need to do something about the noise level.

1 Thank lovetotravel30
Reading, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“casino was nice and friendly but….”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Had a great time as usual (never met a casino that I didn't like…even when I lost a little $$). Couldn't believe they charged me for drinks at the tables…but was only a few bucks (what I usually tip). Luckily my hotel next to the TGIF - offered me a free ride back and forth whenever I wanted on their shuttle, because the the new casino hotel's price were much higher. Maybe one day if I win more than lose :) ?