Mohegan Sun Pocono
Comfort Inn & Suites(Wilkes-Barre)
$84
ComfortInn
$179
GardenInn.com
$159
Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena(Wilkes-Barre)(Great Value!)
$60
$64
$119
$101
1,092 results
All reviewsrustic kitchenmohegan suncasino floorjohnny rocketsslot machineshotel and casinobar louietable gamesnice casinoruth chrisplayers clubharness racingatlantic citynice roomgamblingvaletcomps
Reviewed June 12, 2014

What a fun place to stay. Can't wait to come back again. They gave us a suite the first night and wow that was spectacular. The 2nd night we are in a regular room. Another really nice room. Not as posh as the suite but really it is just as nice.

Room Tip: Watch for those flyers in the mail. We ended up getting 2 rooms for 2 nights all comped. Yes we stayed during the week (a Wednesday and Thursday) but for free. Yes please I will take it
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Debra K
MoheganSun_PA, Manager at Mohegan Sun Pocono, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay --- and the suite!! :)

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I recently attended a business conference at the Mohegan Sun at Pocano Downs. I knew prior to going to the hotel that it had to be good as I have stayed and visited Mohegan Sun, CT many times as it is only 45 minutes from my home.

My expectations were met. The hotel is very nice. The rooms are almost identical to the CT Mohegan Sun. The rooms were new, spotless, and very comfortable. No Complaints.

While on my trip, my company ordered food for the duration of my trip, and as expected, the food was very good.

Even the casino area very much resembled the CT casino in many ways.

Here's where it differs. Mohegan Sun at Pocano Downs is about 1/4 of the size of Mohegan Sun CT.Not that it matters but it's kind of like if you have visited Ceasar's Palace in Las Vegas it sort of becomes a let down when you visit Ceasar's Atlantic City, which is very nice, but It's just not the same.

On a positive note, you can book this beautiful room for a fraction of the cost as Mohegan Sun CT. My room rate was $99.00. I even checked weekend rates and depending on when you book you can receive a rate of around $125.00 . That is a great deal, where in CT rooms start around $250.00 mid-week to $500-$700.00 for a weekend night.

It was a positive experience. You cannot go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
MoheganSun_PA, Manager at Mohegan Sun Pocono, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you've enjoyed our Connecticut property too. Hope to see you at one place or the other again soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Plus side-The room was very attractive and tastefully decorated and the art work was gorgeous!
On the down side- The room door was very difficult to open, stuck badly. I had difficulty getting out, and in one case I could not. The worst part of the stay though by far was checking in. The wait in line was extreme and I was lucky to be third in line, many more were behind me. Though there were two people working behind the desk and a third seemed to be wondering, it took forever. I thought that it may have been a fluke so I patiently waited my turn. BUT... I had to stand in that same line later that evening to request a corkscrew to open a bottle of wine that I bought on the premises. I was once again happy that I was second in line this time, but there was only one person behind the desk. This time the wait was even longer. The line began to grow behind me, and I as well as the others, grew very frustrated. Although there was a young man working at a near by concierge desk, (where I had actually started my quest) and others passing by, no employee seemed at all concerned, or willing to help in any way. I waited 12 minutes just to be told I would have to wait until someone had time to bring it up to my room. Yet another 45 minute wait there, and with no fridge in the room! No apologies were ever offered for the extreme waiting, either time.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank upfromhere
Reviewed June 8, 2014

First, In any hotel no matter how beautiful, it is all about the people who make
it all happen from the front desk to the parking lot attendants.
Here at Mohegan Sun The management understands that first impression is so important.

Second, The rooms are new and beautiful. The connecting casino was often updated
with new machines & table games. The Restaurants were perfect with great
food and service for all.

Room Tip: I have stayed there a few times and found all rooms were very acceptable.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Martin F

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Called reservation #, was put on hold after explanation, told manager listened to original call to reserve my free room, I was charged full-night for not cancelling and since neither one of us caught the incorrect date, I would be reimbursed and granted new room for the night. Upon check-in told king size bed rooms were getting carpets cleaned and only queen size were available.
Rooms were very nice, beds very comfy. No microwave or refrigerator! Ice bucket and glasses were kept on shelf under bathroom sink, about a foot off the floor......

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 3333sharon

We apologize for the initial mix-up in your room reservation but are glad that we were able to work things out over the phone so that you were able to enjoy a stay with us. Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review.