“Better then I expected”

The Woodlands Inn & Resort
Ranked #35 of 277 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
“Better then I expected”
Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

I booked the king suite with jacuzzi creek side for a solo getaway. The room was large and very welcoming. I would definitely book this room again. The hotel itself was good the only downsides in my opinion were (1) the hallways and lobby were very warm, not sure if the AC was on in those areas but it was not pleasant walking to and from the hotel room.. (2) the balcony for the suite was very small, not enough room to kick back and relax while taking in the quiet surroundings.
Overall I would stay here again and would only book the same type of room I stayed in.

• Visited August 2014

Harleysville, Pennsylvania
“It was nice”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel was fine. It could use new carpet throughout. The pool/hot tub is gross looking. I would not step foot in there. Everything else is fine. Outside bar was fun at night.

• Visited May 2014
New England
“An unexpected oasis”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

My husband, nine-month-old baby, and I stayed at the Woodlands Inn before the last day of a long car trip. We were exhausted and were pleasantly surprised by how calming and quiet the Woodlands was. Our well-appointed room overlooked the woods (with a nice walking trail) and a small creek). The amenities were also nice: free breakfast, coupons to the two on-site restaurants, and a $5 drink voucher. We would have tried out the pool with the little one if we had arrived earlier, but we'll have to save that for our next trip through.

Waynesburg, Pennsylvania
“Surprised by this property!”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We stayed here for two nights while accompanying my husband to Wilkes Barre Pa for business. The hotel is decorated beautifully. It is warm and inviting! The front desk always have a smile for you as well as coupons for free buffet breakfast, % off dining and spa. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfy with plenty to pillows in a variety of plushness. The rooms have Keureg brewers! The amenities are nice with a coconut and mango scent. Be aware the floors in the bathroom and shower are VERY VERY slick. My two year old couldn't stand in the shower. So just be careful when entering and exiting the shower. The balcony door didn't lock and the security bar was detached from the wall and couldn't be used. Some of the rungs on the patio railing were loose or missing. This was dangerous for kids who wanted to play on the patio. The grounds are heavily wooded in the courtyard but well maintained. The pool is large, but the water was murky and had dead ants floating in it. The hot tub is HUGE. Great temperature and lots of jets and seating areas. But again the water was a bit dirty with dead ants floating and dirt on the bottom of the tub. The pool and hot tub areas could use some TLC. The dining options that we used were Crescenzo's and Shogun. Crescenzo's. "wood oven pizza"...don't get too excited the wood oven is actually just a gas flame with a fake log. The pizza crust is a shell instead of hand made pizza crust that you cmight expect to find at wood fire pizza place. The service was mediocre, only two tables in the restaurant and the food came out with mistakes or it took them 10 minutes to acknowledge that you are there. The servers should also know that the patrons can hear their conversations. The Free breakfast buffet was just okay, an assortment of pastries, eggs, sausages and waffles. I would not have been satisfied with the buffet had we not had the free coupon. Shogun was excellent. The staff were attentive and caring. The hibachi chef was entertaining and my two and three year olds cleaned theIr plates!! Overall this hotel is great, with little improvements it would be EXCELLENT. I certainly would stay here again and recommend it to people. But I might dine off property next time.

• Visited May 2014
“Overnight stay ”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed over nite we booked it cause we were going to a concert at the moghean sun. We were so surprised that the inn was so nice and had so much to offer. The staff was so nice and eager to please. We will definitely will be back for a couple of night stay. It has a couple of restaurants , a club and lounge that has bands on the weekends. Definitely worth going to.