“Bad manager makes worse restaurant”
Review of Arena Bar & Grill

Arena Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 289 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I frequent Arena weekly and have never ran into a problem until tonight. There was a Memorial Day special that clear stated in multiple advertisements that mixed drinks were $2. Having been to restaurant numerous times and being familiar with the menu my girlfriend and friend ordered drinks under the section labeled "Mixed Drinks" thinking they would be $2 as posted near everywhere, except the incoherent server-in-training who mentioned some sort of list but never bothered to bring us said list or inform us that the drinks beig ordered were in fact the full $5, until both were at least 2 drinks in a piece. We requested to speak to the manager from a snippy waitress that was overseeing the trainee. Five minutes later we were informed by the trainee that the manager was not willing to see us because it was busy. We said we would wait. When the manager did arrive nearly 40 minutes later, she waived our calm explanations of a mix up off, refusing to admit any error on her part or the trainees stating the ads were clear, even though they were not. After trying to explain further she walked away mid-sentence of my friend and refused to even come back near our table. The snippy waitress cooled off and tried to get the manager back to the table but we sat there for an hour and a half longer before finally deciding Arena Bar & Grill is not worth any more of our time, nor should it be worth a second of anyone else's. so much for putting the customer first. $5 cover for the worst experience I, and my party, have ever had.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I love this place. The drink list is huge, and there is something for everyone. There is a large beer list, and they have beer promotions every Wed., Thurs., and Fri. where they give out free glassware. I am not a beer drinker, so I love the cocktail list, which is also quite extensive. The martinis are amazing, and unique. My favorites are the Red Velvet Cake Martini and Peanut Butter Cup Martini. The Ring Pop Martini is also amazing. The food is also great. They have the best burgers in the Wilkes-Barre Area. They are juicy and have a nice variety of toppings. I like to get mine with a side of sweet potato fries. MMM. Their wings are also out of this world. This might not be the place for kids, but it is great for young adults and those that are older. They also have many great deals here. Sign up to get texts from them. I did and about three days a week I get a text for buy one meal get one free. I love this place.

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

As I have made a more recent visit here,I have noticed there have definitely been improvements. First off the wait staff has been great the past few times. Also I never realized how much selection they have as far as beer & martinis. I really enjoy trying different martinis now everytime I am there. I can't really complain. It's a great place to go if you're out with a group of friends. Keep up the good work! ;)

Reviewed March 19, 2013

50 beers on tab and a few hundred bottles always make for something new. I am most surprised that they're menu and their martini's are nothing to bat an eye at, either. They have amazing happy hour specials but I tend to stay away from them, so good that it gets too crowded during the happy hour.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Ordered an appetizer which came out in five minutes. Dinners came out about 5 minutes after and never received our salads. So, we had an appetizer, salad and entree in front of us. Asked to speak with a manager and she was not helpful. I will never go back. The food is good but the service is atrocious.