“Good Family Eats”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Had to meet my daughter to return her son after he had accompanied us on a cruise. But where to meet? As we are a 6 hour drive time apart we chose a half-way point--Applebees in Wilkes-Barre. We have never been disappointed with the food and service at an Applebees. This was no exception. We enjoyed good food (ribs for me, of course) and a good time joking around the table. Then soon we were all on or own way to our respective homes...a little bit teary eyed (since only a brief visit) but definitely with full content stomachs.

1  Thank Nicemeany

Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Took some curbside to my hotel. Wait staff were pleasant and helpful. Food was prepared and ready for me within 15 minutes. The appetizer was still warm enough by the time I got to it, but clearly shouldn't be a curbside item. Salad was very large and filling. Online menu did not show the full menu, I'm sure.

1  Thank Dbornak
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I used to visit this restaurant frequently, but recently it seems to have gone down hill. First I tried to use a discount card that I had and was told that it was not valid (even though the date was good and it was for that resteraunt). Then I ordered a steak which was like rubber. My kids had chicken tenders and they were way overdone. I probably should have sent the food back, but I was just so frustrated I wanted to be done with the place. Then when I got the bill and saw what the total was for what we got, I was shocked. Way too pricey for shoddy food at best. I doubt I will be returning to this restaurant. The best thing about the visit was the salad. The worst thing about the visit was the service. The waiter that served us talked like he had something in his mouth and talked real quietly. I could barely hear him. I think the only reason I rated this an average resteraunt is because I am trying to remember the way it used to be. :(

2  Thank lynnef06
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have giving this place 3 chances at 3 locations and every time we went it was horrible just terrible. I must say i don't even know how this place stays in business with such low quality junk food. Each time we went we only went because either nothing else was open or we just said we will give it one more chance. This is by far the worse chain restaurant. Everything here is like over processed junk or bar food. Maybe college kids with no food experience would like it or people who like over processed garbage food would think it was good. I really don't know why this place even exist that must be why they were giving away free apps and dinner for two for $20 because it really is that bad!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

good food quick service. we were told wait was too be 1/2 hour but only took 10 minutes. Our server Anthony was very attentive too our needs ever with all the guests in his area.