“Adult Meals Were Good; Kids Meal Was Not”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #88 of 277 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Port Colborne, Canada
“Adult Meals Were Good; Kids Meal Was Not”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

It was a slow Sunday night and Wilkes-Barre was a one night stopover. We didn't get into town until about 8 pm, so the selection of open restaurants was limited, and we ended up at Chili's. We were seated right away, and our server was friendly enough. Service was, I thought, a little slow, though. They have a special of an appetizer and two entrees for $20, so my wife and I went for that. Fried onion string and jalapeno appetizer was good, chicken fajitas were fine and my wife enjoyed her tilapia. Our daughter ordered mac & cheese off the kids menu. On the bright side, it's one of the better and most diverse kids menus I've seen. Unfortunately the mac & cheese wasn't impressive. Our daughter's comment was that it looked like it had been "sitting in the pot" for a long time - dry and clumped together. We pointed it out to the waitress, and she offered to bring a new dish. But our daughter ate her potatoes and a bit of the mac & cheese anyway and we decided to leave. When we asked for the bill, the waitress told us that they were working on a new batch. Well, should have told us sooner, I guess. The meal was otherwise good, but the mac & cheese and slow service left me unimpressed. I thought they might give us a bit off the bill for what even the waitress said was not good looking mac & cheese, but nothing.

• Visited August 2013

West Pittston, Pennsylvania
“slackers !!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

When we walked in, we stood at the hostess area waiting......... we talked a good 5 minutes until the girl sitting on the bench texting, realized we were waiting. BIG SHOCKER I GUESS ! Not too happy here, food was ok... our appetizer plates were dirty. I had to use the rest room, BIG MESS. Actually, it was disgusting. Service was slow, and you could see the place not only needed to be cleaned in the restroom areas, the sills around the table were very dirty. I don't think we'll be goin back. It's a shame, because it was always a nice clean place. I can't help but think of what the kitchen looks like. And on the way out, we passed 3 people who said absolutely nothing to us. No thank you, how was everything.... etc.. no manager in sight.

• Visited July 2013
Wyoming, Pennsylvania
“Ehhhh....”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I usually enjoy this place, but I'm beginning to have questions....

My sons Mac and cheese was gross. Tasted like watery pasta. Blah!

Waitress disappeared for long periods of time. I had to wait too long for drink refills

Southwestern rice was tasteless. Yuk!

Hot pretzel appetizer was great. Yum!

My wife loved the shrimp tacos.

What bothers me the most is having to drive at high speeds on the way home to make it to the bathroom. If I was in Tijuana, I would expect it. Not Wilkes Barre, Pa.

The place needs a good cleaning. This is a chain restaurant. Someone from corporate HQ needs to make a visit. It's a busy place, but I think it's been declining, quality wise.

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disgusting”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This place is not sanitary at all. Its in dire need of a good cleaning. Grim and thick layers of dust covered light fixtures hanging over tables. I wanted to run out of there screaming!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank TNT317
“Bad.”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We have been to this Chili's in the past,and it's been ok. This time was probably our last. It was busy,which I understand being a Saturday,but we didn't receive our appetizer for at least 25 min. Husband asked for steak well done,got medium rare,and his potatoes were hard. He was not happy,& it doesnt even take much to make him happy at a restaurant.The last beer he asked for,he never got. Had to deal with fat families on both sides of our flimsy booth kicking our booth with their legs the entire time. Took forever to get our check. We will not be returning.