“Very busy and loud”
Review of TGI Friday's

TGI Friday's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 277 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Embrun, Canada
“Very busy and loud”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

The waitress was clearly tasked. The place was packed for a Thursday. The bartender was curt to almost rude. The food is forgettable. Seasoning salt is not a spice. Mediocre temperature food. Definitely tastes like pre-fab warmed up franchise food. Never tried a TGIF before, probably never eat at one again.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank David C

Augusta, Georgia
“Same old TGIF but the staff was excellent”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Typical TGIF layout and fare offered. Staff was excellent in every way. Nice clientle as well. The beer selection was better than most chain restaurants.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Evilshig
Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania, United States
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

TGI Friday's had the best Ribs I've had in a long time. I ordered the Jack Daniels Sampler which came with half baby back ribs, shrimp which just melt in your mouth and boneless chicken bites. Everything was excellent including our host that served us. The food was worth the wait and hostess worth the tip. The food took a little while to come out so she complemented us with nachos and salsa which was also good. The price was reasonable. For 3 people, drinks included, everything came up to $52. My father had shrimp and chicken Alfredo and our friend had a 3 course meal which include appetizer, salad and main course meal. I can't wait to return.

• Visited December 2013
Hunlock Creek, Pennsylvania
“Surprisingly Good Food and Service at this Local Chain Eatery Near Wilkes-Barre: Full Review”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

TGI Friday's is a chain started by Daniel Scoggin who attended our own Bucknell University in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, opening the first restaurant in NYC the year 1965. Though that original restaurant is no longer a TGI Friday, the concept of the Bar/Meeting place with good food and drinks lives on. As a child (before the company went public) I ate with my Mom and Dad while on vacation at a TGI in Orlando and enjoyed it. Some 30 years later, after seeing an advertisement for their steaks, I was in the mood last night for some steak and off I went to TGI. I arrived at around 9 PM and was greeted at the door with no waiting (the neon sign indicated that there was immediate seating) and seated at a comfortable table. My server Christine was not only on the mark, I have to say that Christine is one of the best overall servers I have experienced in Wilkes-Barre or Scranton. Christine was timely without being overbearing, kept me in fresh drinks, and made sure that my food was acceptable, she also had a sense for giving me time to eat without pushing, overall really excellent and TGI I hope is aware that they have someone with those skill sets. I ordered the 10 oz. black angus sirloin and grilled shrimp with parmesan fries, and broccoli, and a fresh brewed iced tea with a shot of lemonade. The first thing I liked was the fact that Christine mentioned that the iced tea was in fact fresh brewed (it was) and that when my drink came it had a sprig of fresh mint (nice touch and made me now feel that I was enjoying a meal that was cared about by the staff). Christine signed me up for the VIP rewards program which was easy to do. The steak was perfect and the broccoli as well. I ordered a side of the Jack Daniels sauce (.49 cents) and it was worth every penny. I think you could probably put that sauce on an old shoe and it might taste fairly good (don’t try that please) in any event, the shrimp were grilled nicely on a wooden skewer. I took desserts to go as was meeting some friends who were hungry and like dessert. Desserts (brownie sundae) were perfectly packed and ready to go when I was. Overall, a great score for a chain (and I am not usually this favorable on chains) but in this case, fresh and delicious food, good drinks and great service leave me only an excellent score. When you feel the need for steak, consider TGI Fridays and if you are in Wilkes-Barre, ask for Christine.

• Visited November 2013
rocky hill, CT USA
“Super pub!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Late night after a hockey game, we could enjoy our adult beverages as we were staying at the hotel next door. Very friendly and engaging bartender, great service and nice drinks. We ordered some great food from the small plates/apps specials. Good food at a great price. The atmosphere overall was very open and friendly, we felt like regulars at a local watering hole. Will definitely return on our next visit

Visited November 2013