“Great Walkabout soup”

Dining options: Reservations
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great Walkabout soup”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The walkabout soup is actually very addictive and for some reason I cannot go to this place without ordering a BOWL of the stuff!!

Also, the steaks are really good.

Visited February 2013

Pennsylvania
“Always great!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Nothing to say...Outback it great always! Don't need to go to those 'expensive' steakhouses. I've eat'n at Outbacks across the country and a few outside the US and they're always great. Call ahead for seating on weekend nights...gets quite busy.

Visited February 2013
Scranton
“Expected for a chain”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The atmosphere and cleanliness was fine but the steak I ordered was very tough, the service was very slow and the servers seemed incompitent and didn't care about the customer. We saw our server when seated, giving food order and to bring the check. That was it. The food is what you expect from a chain. May go back, not sure.

• Visited December 2012
Lehman, Pennsylvania
“Good food makes Up for Poor Service”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

While the food, atomsphere, and cleanliness is exceptional at the Outback location in Wilkes-Barre PA, there service is some of the worst I have ever seen. The wait staff seems other unintrested or incompitent. Let me name a few instances:

1. After my father and I had been seated, our waitress approached us and asked us how we were feeling. We replied, "good, thank you." To this our waitress repsonded: "I bet you're good because you get to leave when you're done." She said it with a smile, but still...is this any way to speak to a customer?

2. On another occasion when we arrived to our table there was no silverware. That's alright- we assumed some would be provided. When we order some soup, there was still no silver ware provided. After waiting for 15 minutes in hopes of seeing our waitress pass by, my father asked the bar tender for a spoon. As if dumbfounded, the bar tender paused and said....I'll find your waitress. Where was our waitress? Standing near the kitchen, laughing with some of her coworkers. Another waitress eventually brought a spoon after another 10 miutes, allowing up to somewhat enjoy our now cold soup.

I will say that there are two fabous severs, though their names escape me. A tall young blonde haired man, and a young lady with long brunette hair pulled back into a pony tail...I commend you. You seem to be the only capable, friendly, and intellegent servers at Outback. You two deserve a raise. If we knew your names, we would request you and leave you a generous tip for your hard work.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Lancaster27
Bristol
“Decent enough especially for Steaks”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

As long as one does not mind the wait & having children around, the place is decent enough to enjoy something filling & somewhat good on the wallet. The wait time is a bit long, but alas that is to be expected at this restaurant as usual.

Visited October 2012