“Easily comparable with hotels where I've paid double the rate”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wilkes Barre
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed February 7, 2014

It's hard to pick a best feature. The rooms are wonderful. Very clean, modern, well-appointed with tasteful furnishings in calming colors. Lots of dark, rich wood. The counter top in kitchenette is granite-like, no cheap particle board. The fabrics are wonderful. The wall that splits the living area from the bed is wonderful frosted panes with dark wood frames. The window seat is great. Everything is so nice. I'm a fan of Cambria Suites and Microtel has a similar look. However, I paid over twice the price at Cambria. I also found Microtel to be very quiet. I slept great.
And no staff at any hotel I've stayed at compares to this bunch. Wonderful people. Went above and beyond to make my stay fantastic - even helping me clear snow from my car. That's service you don't often get.
Breakfast selection is great - waffles, cereal, fruit, yogurt, juices, milk, muffins. You get it. Excellent free breakfast.
Pool is indoor and open year-round.
Also walking easy distance to convenience store with good selection and, of course, the casino!
I love hotels but only 3 or 4 make my list as must-stays when in town. Microtel, Wilkes Barre is right at the top now.
I can honestly say that I have no idea how other reviewers had complaints. I may sound overly excited to some folks but the quality at this price is awesome.

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed from Jan 30 thru Feb 4 due to a family emergency. The price for our hotel was very reasonable and everything was new and clean. I will stay here again. If I had one area they need to address is the driveway leading into the parking lot wasn't cleared of snow and ice and became a problem to enter and leave but it was a storm and it was problem almost everywhere.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Unbeatable value! We stayed here on a trip, and definitely glad we choose this new hotel. Rooms were modern, spacious, and spotless. Service was terrific. Recommend a queen suite. We will definitely be back next time we pass through the area.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Vince N, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wilkes Barre, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a great review! I am extremely pleased to hear you enjoyed our queen suite and that you received “terrific service”! I will pass along your kind words to our staff. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole S
Reviewed January 24, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Vince N, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wilkes Barre, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times since it opened. Mark the previous manager was great. This last trip the front desk clerk lacked customer training. No welcome greeting and she acted like I was bothering her. No welcome bag for rewards members, and I had to ask for internet access code and for breakfast hours. I hope new front desk clerks get some customer training.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Vince N, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wilkes Barre, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We appreciate any and all input and recommendations from our guests in order to make each and every stay with us exceptional. I am sorry to hear that your last stay with us did not meet the expectations you have received during your prior stays. Here at the Microtel Inn and Suites, we take great pride in providing excellent customer service and I do apologize that you did not receive that type of service during your most recent stay. I will pass along this information to our staff. We value all of our guests and thank you for being a repeat guest! We look forward to having another opportunity to have you as our guest and please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Reviewed January 21, 2014