“Excellent homemade Italian food!”

Pasquale's Ristorante & Pizzeria
Ranked #70 of 291 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Instead of going to a chain restaurant, you will find fresh, made-to-order, homemade Italian food reasonably priced at Pasquale's. My wife and I have enjoyed many good meals at this establishment. The specials are always creative, each with a nice balance of flavor. For example, tonight I had Veal Valdestino, which was a creative blend of prosciutto, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, and a marsala sauce. My wife had New York Strip Italiano (special of the day), a choice cut of NY strip stuffed with spinach, roasted red peppers, and mozzarella cheese. The flavors in both dishes were amazing. (See photos of both dishes I uploaded.) In addition to great food, the servers are very friendly, and really do treat you like family. This is a great choice for a great meal.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

9 of us went there to celebrate my daughter's college graduation. Not a fancy place, but that's where my daughter wanted to go based on friend's recommendations. The place is average looking, not fancy at all, but it's not a dump either. We were seated immediately and given menus. About 5 minutes later a person finally took our drink orders. Maybe 10 minutes later our food order was taken. Out of 9 of us, there were 6 different entrees chosen and everyone was very happy with the taste, portion size, and price. My only suggestion for the restaurant would be to speed up the service after a person is given a menu. The food turnaround time was on par with other restaurants. I would definitely return again when in the area.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

So I am from out of town and looking for a restaurant in the area. This appeared to be the only italian restaurant around that was open. I must say after reading the reviews here and on yelp which have a wide range of ratings, I was skepticle. I should have went with my first instinct. I ordered the NY Strip Steak and an appetizer of Shrimp cocktail. The NY Strip was of decent quality, but it had a very smoked burnt taste. It was not well chared so dont know why. It came with steamed carrots which I thought were just bland. No, they were bland.....they were just steamed carrots. The baked potato was a baked potato, what can you say about that. The shrimp cocktail were not great quality, and previously frozen. The cocktails were a bit pricey for the size. The atmosphere of the place seemed a bit dingy, definatley in a need of a makeover and a good cleaning. Service overall was good but not excellent.

Overall, the food wasnt over priced but would have paid a few dollars more for it being better prepared. The cocktails were a bit over priced and would have expected more alcohol for such a small glass.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

This is the 3rd time visiting Pasquale's and again the food was amazing. Service was very good considering of how busy they were tonight. The portion size is very good for the price. The also add a little twist to some dish creations like Lobster Franchise, an 8 to 10 oz lobster tail done franchise style .. was delicious ! but never seen it on any other menu anywhere… Would recommend to anyone !

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I LOVE their Marinara Sauce (my wife didn't...thought it was only OK)! Fresh warm bread. They offer pizza some nights (which looked really good that night!), classic round, thin crust. Big portions...reasonable prices...BIG menu with nightly specials.
Will return!