“Great Place For Family, Couples, Friends, and Oneself.”

Seven Tubs Natural Area
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I was in the Wilkes-Barre area and read about this local park. I decided to check it out. It is a very scenic and natural area. Running water cascades down a rock ravine and several pools have formed in the rocks. There are trails to walk and one is very rugged and hilly. There was another trail to the right of the footbridge that you will cross in which the terrain slowly sloped upward and this was not a tough walk. The trail that goes to the left off of that bridge is steeper and you better have good hiking shoes. Many people were taking photos. Some of them looked like pros. Some people were bathing in the pools although signs posted say that's not allowed. But there were some areas where you could be alone on the trails and all you would hear is the gushing water. The temperature under the canopy of trees was cooler. You may want to bring some bug spray. There was a small picnic area. I'm glad I went. It is relaxing there.

4  Thank bravefilius

Reviewed August 9, 2014

The tubs is a nice walk in the woods along the woodland stream. Very interesting formations through the rocks. I imagine in the stream when the water is higher they would be very impressive. However, the county and the state park commissions need to get their act together. Very little signage on sr 115 alerting cars where to turn. Then, once at the parking lot no map at all of the various trails around the stream and tubs natural formation,even though there is a nice large wooden information board. Perfect to show the trails and where the "7 tubs" were located.

Nature did its work, it would be nice if the county and state did theirs!

4  Thank tdetzi
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Pretty small area and easy trail. Would not plan a day here but would be a nice lunch stop with fun water features

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Made a stop here with my 8 and 6 year old and my husband to explore. It was just breathtaking! The stream, to rocks, to trees...just amazing! The different colors of green all around me left me in awe! I got some wonderful family photos that I will cherish as favorites. Wish there was a larger sign to help us find it (we went past it and then had to turn around to see the tiny little sign at the entrance). Also, a bathroom area or map of the trail at the beginning would have been helpful. If I lived close by, it would be a trail I would frequent regularly!!

1  Thank Jeannie-Momof2
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Hiked the river and falls on a recent rip. Beautiful scenery with the only downside being trash - it was empty when I was there, but clearly had been popular earlier in the day. Not exactly what you want to see on a nature hike.