“Dirty and noisy.”

Host Inn All Suites Hotel
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed March 12, 2009

Because I travel with my small dog, I am careful to inquire about the cleanliness of pet-friendly lodging. I was assured my room would be as clean as a non-pet room. Based on this information and the high ratings at Trip Advisor, I booked a room. The location is less than desirable, behind a Marriott undergoing renovations and near a TGI Fridays. The suites are large and well furnished, but my quarters were very dirty. Upholstered living room furniture stained, stains on mattress and box spring, rugs did not appear to have been vacuumed since last guest and certainly had not been shampooed in a very long time. I was unable to find other lodging nearby that would accept pets and so had no choice this trip, but will not stay at this facility again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Auntie1949
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for staying with us & providing feedback on how we can enhance our services. We strive for excellence & do not want to fall short of our guest expectations. If you have any additional comments or suggestions as to how we can make your next visit more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know.

I personally apologize for any issues that occurred.

Again, Thank you for your comments. We look forward to serving you.

Reviewed January 5, 2009

This hotel needs a lesson in marketing. A website that doesn't work, and completely hidden by a larger Holiday Inn with a sign so small you can't see it from the road. All that said.. it is great value.

I paid $89 for a room with 2 doubles in a separate bedroom, a small kitchen and decent sized living room with pullout couch.

There are DVD players in every room with free DVDs at front desk, free internet and one of the best free breakfasts I've had in a hotel (egg sandwiches, waffles, fruit, cereal, danishes, granola bars, coffee, juice, and tea). Staff is friendly and helpful and there's lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. We used it as a stop on the way back to Ontario from South Carolina.

There is a small fitness room and decent pool/hot tub. Cleanliness was above average but not what I would call 5 star, based on very dirty carpets in the hall (crumbs, dirt, etc), no towels at all in the pool area and some wear and tear starting to show on furnishings in general.

The noise level is also not great and walls seem thinner than some hotels.

Based on the noise and hallways I'd call it a 3.5 star but for overall value, breakfast and 'free stuff' it's a fair 4 star.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for your response. We appreciate your feedback as we continue to strive for excellence. Please visit us again.

Reviewed May 22, 2008

I stayed at the Host Inn, last weekend and it was perfect! My nephew graduated from Wilkes University and this hotel was in a perfect location. It is five lights away from the Wachovia Arena where the graduation was held and a 7minute ride to Wilkes University.

The Host Inn is in the same area as the Holiday Inn and a TGIF's so at night if we needed a "drink" or a bite to eat we just walked over to TGIF's. There is also many fast food places to get something to eat, and a couple of malls within 5minutes from the Host Inn. This hotel is in a great location!

The room I stayed in was a two room suite, kitchen, living area with pull out sofa, and a separate bedroom. The bathroom was spotless! Very clean hotel indeed.

Each morning the hotel offers a Continental Breakfast in the lobby area with plenty to choose from.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

If you are looking for a hotel in this area, don't think twice, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for your response. Our hotel is centralized at a great location and I'm glad to hear that our hotel fit well with all of your needs for that particular weekend. Thank you again and please visit us again.

Reviewed April 27, 2008

We are from Pittsburgh PA and our son and his family are from Albany NY. We met here for a weekend. The place was great. We each had a suite. Both were very clean and comfortable. Our son has an infant and a dog. Both were welcomed.
Saw the pool but didn't use, looked nice. The breakfast was nice and had all that we needed. The staff was very friendly. We are already talking about our next time we will meet there again.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Hello and thank you for your response. From my experiences and the feedback I receive, Wilkes Barre is a great half way point for many travelers. Thank you for your positive feedback and hope you visit soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2006

I was really bothered by the VERY busy intersection it is located at, not to mention a highway behind it...

They seemed to make an attempt to "look" like a chain, but you are better off staying somewhere else quiter and collect some points.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled solo
1  Thank pipgecko
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and apologize for the highway that sits behind the hotel but there are area's of the hotel which are quieter than others. Because of the prime location, at times the intersection can be quite busy depending on time of day. We offer the same amenities as a "big chain" hotel but if you intend to travel to Wilkes Barre again, please visit us.

A TripAdvisor Member
Harrisburg Pa
Reviewed December 21, 2005

We arrived late in need of a place to stay, and the staff were terrific. We had two children, one with special concerns. The room was very clean and beds comfortable. The kitchen and rest of the suite was exactly as promised in brochure. All supplies were present and sparkling.
The staff again was attentive and helpful during our stay.
The pool and hot tub were very clean.
We would stay here again:)

• Stayed: November 2004
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Hello and thank you for your response. Its great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. If you ever travel to Wilkes Barre again, please visit us again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Rochester, NY
Reviewed March 3, 2005

I found this place when referred by The Holiday Inn in front of it which was sold out that night. I had a two room suite with everything I needed and then some. I wish I brought a steak to cook in the kitchen area, that was nice suprise. I went down to the hot tub & then borrowed a DVD from the front desk to use with the in room DVD player. (awesome!) I didn't want to wake up, but I'm glad I did, I had a nice breakfast in the morning. The staff was friendly and this was the most worry free stay I have ever had.

• Stayed: February 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Hello and thank you for your response. Its great to hear such positive feedback and hope to see you return.