We sometimes go to Wilkes-Barre for fall leaf peeping about the second week of October. We've stayed at this hotel before, and it was just as good as the last time. The staff was very friendly. The room was large, divided into two rooms. The bedroom with a king bed was good. The living/kitchen area was also good with a couch and a comfortable chair.
On our second day, my wife got sick and we had to extend our stay by an extra day. The front desk helped us out to let us stay in the same room, even though they were pretty fully booked. In fact that evening I saw a person come in and ask for a room -- but by then they were full up. The desk clerk helped them find another nearby hotel that had rooms.
It is worth mentioning that Expedia had the hotel room listed at about 30% off the web site price. When we extended the extra day, they gave us the Expedia rate -- a very nice and unexpected guesture.
There were only two negative things worth mentioning. The temperature was on the edge where we wanted a little heat instead of air conditioning. The thermostat was an analog sliding switch that made it hard to set the temperature.
The breakfast was OK, but not special. Since the hotel does not have a restaurant (TGIF is next door, but not part of the restaurant) they don't have any kitchen to prepare the ubiquitous scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast type of breakfast buffet. Instead they had some sort of a egg & cheese omelet that you heated up in the microwave. They did have bacon -- probably ready cooked and heated up in the back room microwave. It was decent. Best items on the breakfast were the usual waffle machine and the bowl of mixed fruits.
The hotel is a little bit hard to find. If you see the entrance (at a traffic light) that leads to the TGIF, then that is the correct place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are an all-suite property. We have full kitchens with a full refrigerator, microwave, dish washer, garbage disposal, stove(with oven), all of your utensils and pots and pans. It has a separate bedroom area and living room area. You can close off the door and have separate space. Our rooms are either 1 King Bed or 2 Double Beds with a pull out sofa. There is a dining room table as well as a work desk and DVD player in the living room. We have an indoor pool and hot tub, 24 Hour Fitness Center and a patio with BBQ grill. We are on the complex with TGI Friday's where you would receive a 10% discount. We also serve a hot complimentary breakfast 6:30-9:30am(10am on weekends)(omelets, waffles, sausage, bacon, yogurt, cereal, fruits, oatmeal etc). Our boardroom is 800 sq ft and it overlooks the valley with a large balcony. We are also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Host Inn All Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Host Inn And Residential Hotel Wilkes-Barre
- Residential Inn
- Host Hotel And Residential