“Quick Stay”

Host Inn All Suites Hotel
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a funeral to attend for 2 days so we were looking for something close to town.
I searched for four stars hotels in the area and there aren't any.
I searched Tripadvisor and other web sites to make my selection. This hotel is very close to the mall and the town of Ashley. It offers a mini suite with a refrig. small stove and microwave- which was perfect for keeping food and drinks.
The unit itself was spacious and clean- the couch looked alittle worn and the bedding could use a new decor but the bed was comfortable and for the rate under $100 it was well worth it!
There is your standard breakfast in the morning- nothing to write home about but juice and coffee is a nice way to start the day

Room Tip: Ask for extra towels at the desk-
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rmk50

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed one night for business. Need a cheap, clean place to sleep. This place went well beyond my expectations for what I was paying. It was a suite, two TVs, full kitchen, work desk, with free wi-fi. Nice lobby, with breakast ( average food ). But the price was well below what other places wanted for average rooms, and well under the price for a suite anywhere in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Anthony R, General Manager at Host Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you return soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Found this place on Hotwire and decided to take the chance. It is a little hard to find and a bit confusing as you enter the entrance for the quality Inn and left until you see the tan building of the Host Inn. The front desk people were very pleasant and even let us check in an hour early. The only room they had available for me had a king size bed. The room is a suite, very clean, with a sofa bed, full kitchen, bath and body works products and a full refrigerator. The hotel has a pool and spa tub. The only reason I didn't give the hotel an excellent rating was due to an odor in the pool room. The hot tub seemed to blowing cool water and smelled bad. The staff did however go to work on the problem and it was being repaired when we left. The person I informed of the problem apologized several times and said they were unaware of the problem so she even thanked me for informing her.Every staff member we encountered was very friendly and accommodating. Parking was an issue late Saturday night but I suppose that is to be expected Valentines Day weekend. I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Hello and thank you for your feedback. Its great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you return soon. We appreicate you bringing your concerns to our attention as I sincerely apologize but the issues have been corrected since.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

A bit tucked away so not easy to find entrance, but were pleased with what we found. Our room was actually a suite, which came as a pleasant surprise. The young man on the desk was most engaging which made check in a treat. Room clean and comfortable. TV's older types, so couldn't use HDMI cable with computers, but not a big deal for what we paid. Wireless worked great allowing us to play our online bridge. Very good value at C$82. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Anthony R, General Manager at Host Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Guest, Thanks so much for choosing the Host Inn. I value your feedback and glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you soon again when visiting the Wilkes-Barre area.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was working in Wilkes-Barre for the week and decided to roll the dice on Hotwire with a hotel in the area. I have stayed in the area in the past and no matter how much research I do I always end up in a mediocre place with a less than pleasant front desk staff....until now.

The Host Inn was impressive. The rooms were spacious--I stayed in room 207--had a nice kitchen, large fridge, 2 TV's and a very comfortable King size bed. The carpet was new, the room was very clean and the view of the mountains was an added bonus.

The front desk staff was attentive and actually said "Hello" to me as I walked in and out of the hotel! I thought that was something of the past but this hotel really had it down.

I will without a doubt stay here again and recommend it to any co-workers making the trip.

The only suggestion I will make to the hotel/owners is to change the layout of the website. It is not very evident on how to make a reservation and people don't like to have to scroll down to find the "reservation" button.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Nicochico

Dear Guest,

We certainly do try hard to make our guests feel welcome.

We always appreciate constructive feedback, so thanks so much for sharing your observations about our front desk staff. I have already discussed your comments with my team at the front desk

Anthony Ramirez

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel many times, in fact it is our prefered hotel when visiting our relatives in Wilkes Barre.
The fact that there are two distinct rooms really makes a difference.
I can sleep late and my wife can be up and in the living room watching tv without disturbing me.
Having a kitchen with a full size refridgerator is another big plus!
The staff is super friendly and the place is well kept.

Room Tip: As I said we have stayed here numerous times and have yet to get a bad room!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thanks so much for choosing the Host Inn. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you return when in the Wilkes-Barre area.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Found this hotel on Hotwire for a really good deal so was not expecting much for the price I paid. After we arrived I was pleasantly surprised to find a recently renovated room with separate living room from the bedroom with 2 TV's and a small kitchen. The pool and hot tub were clean and not crowded while we were there. The breakfast was quite extensive for a free continental breakfast. They had a make your own waffle station, breakfast sanwiches you could heat up, and the usual bagels, cereal, juice, and coffee. The staff was very friendly and professional.

The only negative comment would be about the stale cigarette smell. Maybe in the spring they should really try to open the windows and air the place out good. Also, it is a little hidden behind another hotel but if you read this you will know that ahead of time. Overall a great deal!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the highway have a great view of the mountains in the distance
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PickyTraveler4

Dear Guest, Thanks so much for choosing the Host Inn. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again when visiting the Wilkes-Barre area.