Host Inn All Suites Hotel
GardenInn.com
$131
Hampton.com
$105
Comfort Inn & Suites(Wilkes-Barre)(Great Value!)
$84
ComfortInn
$85
$93
Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena(Wilkes-Barre)(Great Value!)
$50
$98
Agoda.com
$98
Mohegan Sun Pocono(Wilkes-Barre)
$143
All reviewsfull kitchenliving roomtgi fridayssmall kitchenwell supplied kitchenclean suitesping pong tablefront deskpretty viewrooms are hugebagelssausage linksnice pool and hot tubstaff was very friendlyeasy chairbusiness areawould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Spanking clean rooms (we have always gotten a king room). Rooms are huge compared to other chain hotels nearby and include full kitchen, bathroom, living/sitting area, and a king bedroom. Service is very friendly. Hotel located just up the road from Mohegan Sun and Woodlands, but is a little tucked away and can be hard to find for a first time guest. Rates are very reasonable. Our king room is $118/night on the weekends and jacuzzi rooms are available for an upcharge. The breakfast in the morning is top notch. My hubby was thrilled with the waffle maker (make your own!) and I enjoyed the jimmy dean breakfast sandwiches. In addition to that they have juice, coffee, oatmeal, cereal, English muffins, bagels, danishes, and other things. Puts other continental breakfasts to shame! Hotel is highly recommended! We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2012
Anthony R, Manager at Host Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback. Its a pleasure and we hope to see you soon !!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

This all suite hotel has a very nice appearance and suites are large, clean and reasonably equipped. The walls are thin though, and noise from adjacent areas can be bothersome. This hotel is on the same lot as the Fairfield Inn and the Quality Inn so the biggest draw back to this property is limited parking. Be aware the entrance is right at the traffic light in front of the Quality Inn. It boasts a modest complimentary breakfast and indoor pool and only a short distance from the Mohegan Sun casino at Pocono Downs. There are several restaurant choices and shopping. nearby.

in

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frank C

It is truly rewarding to receive your positive feedback. Thanks again for taking the time to express your positive experiences and we hope to see you again !!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stayed in this suite for more than a month. That was in July 2010 to Sep. I am jsut recalling my sweet days in USA. I take this opportunity to thank the staff who supported us a lot. I forgot the names, but remeber only Jose the cab driver. All the drivers were supportive, other staff helped us with smile.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms from where you can see the city. In the evening when sun is settling down u will have beautiful view. Attaching few phots taken from the room window.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Anthony R, Manager at Host Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Hello and Thank you for your feedback. Its great to hear about your stay and hope you return soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel was great except for the carpet, which had several stains on it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again, but in a room that had no stains in the carpet.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello and thank your for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the cleanliness of the carpet. I have notified housekeeping and the issues has been correctly. We look forward to your next visit to Wilkes Barre.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Yep! We tried the hotel again, even after a less than satisfactory stay the last time - only because we needed a room quickly, due to my mom's funeral, and they happen to have rooms that fit families well.

We arrived late and absolutely exhausted from an emotional day and as a previous reviewer stated, the check-in desk was empty. We actually found an employee sitting in the dining room watching TV.

When someone arrived at the desk, I mentioned to him that our last stay was not very good and he was cordial enough and wished us better luck this time.

On to our room...mind you, we have three children with us! We walked into the room and almost choked due to the smell of smoke. In their defense, I do not remember whether I requested non-smoking, but it seemed that someone had just left the room and had a smoke before they left - which also means the room could not have been cleaned (or the staff sneaks a smoke in the rooms!).

We trudge back down to the desk and request another room - sans smoke. The comment from the front desk was, "We only have 1 non-smoking King bed suite left. I've had problems with this room in the past, but I just think the guest was too picky." I asked what he meant and he said "It smelled like smoke too." Lovely.

2nd room...stale smell of smoke, but certainly not as bad. Once we turned on the air, it seemed to clear up a bit. The employee who brought up extra pillows commented "I don't know what he told you, but this is a smoking room." We had to finnagle the couch cushions on top of the pull out bed so my girls could actually sleep on it. We were just so tired, I couldn't even think about switching rooms again.

Next morning, we found a dog biscuit in the chair (not searching for stuff - it was visible)

I will say, the breakfast was better this time, but it's not enough to absolutely change my mind that we will not stay here again. Rates are great, but my money would be better spent getting two adjoining rooms at another hotel that doesn't share it's staff with another hotel.

The importance of customer service is not a priority at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

I'd like to thank you for bringing this to my attention. I consider feedback, whether positive or negative, an important tool to improve the overall guests experience at the hotel and maintain our award winning status.

After speaking with the staff involved I want you to know the appropriate action has been taken to hopefully prevent this type of problem in the future.

I'd like to take it a step further and make things right. I can only hope you'll give us another opportunity in the future.