Yep! We tried the hotel again, even after a less than satisfactory stay the last time - only because we needed a room quickly, due to my mom's funeral, and they happen to have rooms that fit families well.
We arrived late and absolutely exhausted from an emotional day and as a previous reviewer stated, the check-in desk was empty. We actually found an employee sitting in the dining room watching TV.
When someone arrived at the desk, I mentioned to him that our last stay was not very good and he was cordial enough and wished us better luck this time.
On to our room...mind you, we have three children with us! We walked into the room and almost choked due to the smell of smoke. In their defense, I do not remember whether I requested non-smoking, but it seemed that someone had just left the room and had a smoke before they left - which also means the room could not have been cleaned (or the staff sneaks a smoke in the rooms!).
We trudge back down to the desk and request another room - sans smoke. The comment from the front desk was, "We only have 1 non-smoking King bed suite left. I've had problems with this room in the past, but I just think the guest was too picky." I asked what he meant and he said "It smelled like smoke too." Lovely.
2nd room...stale smell of smoke, but certainly not as bad. Once we turned on the air, it seemed to clear up a bit. The employee who brought up extra pillows commented "I don't know what he told you, but this is a smoking room." We had to finnagle the couch cushions on top of the pull out bed so my girls could actually sleep on it. We were just so tired, I couldn't even think about switching rooms again.
Next morning, we found a dog biscuit in the chair (not searching for stuff - it was visible)
I will say, the breakfast was better this time, but it's not enough to absolutely change my mind that we will not stay here again. Rates are great, but my money would be better spent getting two adjoining rooms at another hotel that doesn't share it's staff with another hotel.
The importance of customer service is not a priority at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are an all-suite property. We have full kitchens with a full refrigerator, microwave, dish washer, garbage disposal, stove(with oven), all of your utensils and pots and pans. It has a separate bedroom area and living room area. You can close off the door and have separate space. Our rooms are either 1 King Bed or 2 Double Beds with a pull out sofa. There is a dining room table as well as a work desk and DVD player in the living room. We have an indoor pool and hot tub, 24 Hour Fitness Center and a patio with BBQ grill. We are on the complex with TGI Friday's where you would receive a 10% discount. We also serve a hot complimentary breakfast 6:30-9:30am(10am on weekends)(omelets, waffles, sausage, bacon, yogurt, cereal, fruits, oatmeal etc). Our boardroom is 800 sq ft and it overlooks the valley with a large balcony. We are also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Host Inn All Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Host Inn And Residential Hotel Wilkes-Barre
- Residential Inn
- Host Hotel And Residential